ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Try lamb chops! I only like them because they're good to munch on and great appetizers or entrees. And if you don't like it, they're so small you won't feel like you wasted so much!

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
elevan said:
country farm girl said:
elevan said:
Taste of lamb #2 is a failure. I still do not like it. Lamb will get one more attempt from me and then I'm done.
DH doesn't even like the ground lamb as chili and is off to buy sandwiches :rolleyes: The boys on the other hand loved it - 2 helpings.

I would say that if we ever add sheep to our farm that we will not be consuming them.
what kind of lamb did you buy? I ask becuoes you need to try australia grass fed lamb usa lamb is grain fed!!
I'm in the US.

Attempt #1 was leg of lamb - didn't like it.

Attempt #2 was ground lamb made into chili - didn't like it.
lamb chop seasoned with rosemary, garlic salt and pepper cooked slowly with roasted potatoes with rosemary or dill and steam asparagus drizzled with garlic butter and a lil lemon= yummy :drool

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
As I've always stated before...I will give it three attempts before I say that I'm done. So, lamb will get one more try. Lamb chops sound like a good option :/

Snowhunter

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
lamb chop seasoned with rosemary, garlic salt and pepper cooked slowly with roasted potatoes with rosemary or dill and steam asparagus drizzled with garlic butter and a lil lemon= yummy :drool
This... though we grilled ours to a med rare, melt in your mouth delicious.

Some mint jelly ads a nice contrasting flavor

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm spending a lot of time today working on my cookbook. One thing that I'm having an issue with is the title... :/ Everything that I try just doesn't appeal to me. So if anyone wants to throw out any suggestions then I'm all ears.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
what kind of a cookbook, just general basics, farm grown, exotic recipies? cooking and baking? might help us narrow down names. some ideas: tried and true cooking,my favorite recipie cookbook, the best of elevan's cooking? farm and garden eating. (feel free to use or discard)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
currycomb said:
what kind of a cookbook, just general basics, farm grown, exotic recipies? cooking and baking? might help us narrow down names. some ideas: tried and true cooking,my favorite recipie cookbook, the best of elevan's cooking? farm and garden eating. (feel free to use or discard)
It's basically all of my "famous" recipes. When I go to a pot luck or have others over these dishes get rave reviews. Some are from scratch, some are semi-homemade, some are farm grown, some just help you make sense of the "nothing" that is in your cabinet. These recipes are all me. This cookbook has been hard for me because I tend to just open cabinets and throw things together...often I couldn't recreate it perfectly if I tried. But so many people have asked for my recipes over the years that I finally said, ok...I'll just write a cookbook. So in a way it's a cookbook about the way that I cook. There are main dishes, sides and desserts included. I'll be sharing some techniques too.

Latest posts