ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
I have been trying to make my own but, I think I've changed my mind ... :weee
It was a lot of trial and error on my part to find something that I liked.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
elevan said:
SmallFarmGirl said:
I have been trying to make my own but, I think I've changed my mind ... :weee
It was a lot of trial and error on my part to find something that I liked.
Neat !!! Can we here a story ??? How did it all start ???
reading.gif

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
How did what all start? Writing or the Goat Notes project?

Writing is just a means to an end to me. I'm very much a solution oriented person and these books have given me a solution to something. The cookbook was a solution to all the requests for my recipes.

The Goat Notes book is the solution to my record keeping needs. And I KNOW that others need the same solution, so why not make it available? :/

I started out trying to find an electronic means of keeping my records but then I realized that I was making notes while in the barn and then coming in to the house and typing them into the computer. I don't like double work.

So the next incarnation was to create a group of pages for keeping the records and putting them into a binder. I kept adding notes for different illness and supplements. My binder grew to 3 inches thick.

I began to think to myself that it would make a good resource book (record keeping and notes). So it was a matter of what notes that I wanted to add.

The book is primarily about record keeping. A lot of the reference information in Edition 1 was tested here first, so y'all really do know that I have some knowledge behind what I wrote about.

There will be more Editions. Why? Because who could have just 10 goats? :lol: Really, if you're breeding and selling then you are going to have a lot more. Good record keeping is important. The only way you can learn from what you've done in the past is to understand it and to write it down. Plus how are you supposed to remember what medicine and dosage you gave to goat B 6 months ago?

Each additional Edition will also include a different set of reference items (my notes). Edition 1 focused on Basic Health, Supplementation, Feeding and Parasites. It includes the necessary pages to keep health / breeding records for 10 goats.

So, I plan to be pretty busy next year. Expanding the cookbook into a print edition. Writing continuing Editions for Goat Notes and finishing my children's books.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
elevan said:
How did what all start? Writing or the Goat Notes project?

Writing is just a means to an end to me. I'm very much a solution oriented person and these books have given me a solution to something. The cookbook was a solution to all the requests for my recipes.

The Goat Notes book is the solution to my record keeping needs. And I KNOW that others need the same solution, so why not make it available? :/

I started out trying to find an electronic means of keeping my records but then I realized that I was making notes while in the barn and then coming in to the house and typing them into the computer. I don't like double work.

So the next incarnation was to create a group of pages for keeping the records and putting them into a binder. I kept adding notes for different illness and supplements. My binder grew to 3 inches thick.

I began to think to myself that it would make a good resource book (record keeping and notes). So it was a matter of what notes that I wanted to add.

The book is primarily about record keeping. A lot of the reference information in Edition 1 was tested here first, so y'all really do know that I have some knowledge behind what I wrote about.

There will be more Editions. Why? Because who could have just 10 goats? :lol: Really, if you're breeding and selling then you are going to have a lot more. Good record keeping is important. The only way you can learn from what you've done in the past is to understand it and to write it down. Plus how are you supposed to remember what medicine and dosage you gave to goat B 6 months ago?

Each additional Edition will also include a different set of reference items (my notes). Edition 1 focused on Basic Health, Supplementation, Feeding and Parasites. It includes the necessary pages to keep health / breeding records for 10 goats.

So, I plan to be pretty busy next year. Expanding the cookbook into a print edition. Writing continuing Editions for Goat Notes and finishing my children's books.
WOW :ep awesome too !!!!