ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Good luck unloading all that hay. If I lived closer I would come over to help you. :hugs

Sorry to hear that the twins have lice. :sick That ain't good! I hope you get that under control soon!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
elevan said:
Boingo's blood glucose is 254 tonight!!!!!!!!

:weee
WOINDERFUL new EleVan. Truly glad your "Snuggle Bear" is doing well and making progress.

K

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Do y'all know how hard it is to take a blood glucose reading from a dog at home? You have to use the lancet device and press really hard into the side of their paw pad and then deploy the lancet. Then you have to squeeze the pad and hope that you can get a blood droplet big enough for the device to work. You're supposed to be able to get it from the ear too but I can't get any blood there...it's like trying to get blood from a turnip!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Definitely understand. But we do what we do for them. And I know how much you care for your pets as well as your livestock.

They frustrate you, they make you mad, you loathe some (the horses), but you are right there for them because they are your responsibility and your heart.

Your a Farmer EleVan. What a life. Highs and Lows, but I doubt you would change one minute.

Hoping the future blood draws go better. Hoping all is well soon.

K

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Well, I never have any problem getting the dogs paws to bleed when I'm shaving them, but I imagine if I *wanted* them to bleed....they wouldn't.

Glad the numbers are good, sorry it's a PITA to get the blood.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Negative urine glucose today for Boingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we have snow! snow! snow! But the ground underneath isn't frozen :(

And I have more eggs than I can deal with. Gonna make a run to family members and gift some to those less fortunate.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
elevan said:
Negative urine glucose today for Boingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we have snow! snow! snow! But the ground underneath isn't frozen :(

And I have more eggs than I can deal with. Gonna make a run to family members and gift some to those less fortunate.
:celebrate I am so happy for you!!!!!

I have been making hard boiled eggs and i think I am going to send my mom some eggs.