ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Maybe it's one of those 1000 year old chicken eggs from China. Or maybe it's an egg from a chocolate chicken. Or the chicken had some sushi for breakfast? Or a lizard got into the barn?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
The consensus seems to be that it's the East India girl laying that lovely egg....either that or I really do have a miniature emu that I don't know about :lol:

We're having some wonderful weather today! Snow is all gone and I can go outside in shirtsleeves and be comfortable.

We banded Little Boy last night. DH brought him into the house to step onto the bathroom scale since by law now I have to give a pain killer when banding. I used one of Boingo's insulin syringes for easy measuring of 0.065 ml of Banamine...that would be 6.5 units on an insulin syringe...much easier to measure. He didn't cry when I gave him a shot. He didn't cry when I banded him...though he kept trying to suck one of his testicles in... He was an amazing little trooper. Mama Daisy was fit to be tied though SCREAMING her head off until DH took him back to her.

Boingo's urine glucose was 1/2% this morning which meant that he increased his insulin dosage .5 units. So he's now at 12.5 units of insulin. The vet thought we'd top out around 8...so his body must not be making any at all.

I'll be going out shortly to let the chickens out. I confine them until almost noon to make sure that the majority lay in the coop's nest boxes. I have nest boxes in the barn too but I prefer that they lay in the coop. Wonder if I'll get another dark egg?...

Cracked open the huge egg that I had the other day last night and it was our first double yolker.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I promise it's the duck eggs. My cayugas layed eggs that looked just like that....as time passes, they get lighter.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I have a sinus infection today. Just want DH to get home to take care of critters and kids when they come home from school. My head feels pretty miserable right now :(

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thanks. It's this stupid weather. We were at 61* yesterday...normal is in the 30s. I get a sinus infection every Spring and Fall when the weather changes...looks like I'll be getting more this year :(