ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

marlowmanor

Reaction score
that's*satyrical said:
You need to youtube the veggie tales cheeseburger song. It will pop into your head whenever you think of your lil cheeseburger. It's reallyyyy funny.... lol
Now you've got that song in my head!:p I've got it on a CD somewhere!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
DH just gave me a heart attack!!!

:barnie

He went out to close the poultry in and I heard him come back into the house and say something...didn't hear what it was but my youngest boy went racing for the first aid kit...so I followed to see DH with blood all around his right eye and pouring out of his forehead :th

OMG - "What did you do?!?" I asked as I was about ready to pass out. "I slipped and cut my head," came his response.

I grabbed a washcloth and got it wet to clean off his face so I could see how bad the damage was. Cleaned around the eye first...no cuts there - just migratory blood. So, I swabbed the lower half of his face to remove the blood and moved to the forehead. After some clean up and pressure it turned out to be a fairly superficial cut across his forehead about the same length as his eyebrow. No need for stitches. Just a good cleaning, some antibiotic ointment and a large bandage.

redtailgal

Reaction score
men!

Wait until tomorrow and then thump him right where he got cut. Tell him that is what he gets for scaring the snot out of you.

Glad he is ok, though. lol

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your DH. Those head cuts really make it look worse than it really is. Glad to hear he only needed a big bandaid. But boy is he going to have a headache. Poor thing. How did he do it?

Hope you have calmed down. Know seeing someone you care about hurt makes my heart race too. :(

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It was raining (why I sent him out instead of me going) and muddy. He slipped in the mud and whacked his head on the door of the coop.

Yeah, he's already had to take something for a headache. :(

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I was in a car wreck as a teenager (not driving) and I went home to get my mom's insurance card before I went to the hospital for stitches. She was asleep. I hadn't really had a chance to see myself, and when I woke her up she FREAKED OUT. Totally spazzed. That 1" horizontal cut on my forehead had bled SO MUCH that I was literally covered from my forehead to my neck. She thought I'd cut half my face off, bless her heart. When I got home and she saw the little cut / bandage she couldn't believe it.

Head wounds and shaving cuts....ugh....bleed like crazy.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Ok, I've had enough of the rain already!!!! I have too much stuff to do and it's just cool enough that if I worked out in the rain I'd catch pneumonia!

And so I've been trapped inside for several days...going stir crazy.

My youngest boy got in trouble in school yesterday and today. Yesterday it was for pushing...today for hitting another kid. I just don't know why he's having such difficulty adjusting to kindergarten :/ His brother (who is also in kindergarten) is doing great. It's really frustrating because he's a very smart child but behavior issues are becoming a huge problem. When asked why he did it the answer is always, "I don't know" It's not an acceptable answer but he just stares you down and refuses to say anything more than that. He's lost recess privileges at school and cannot play on the soccer team. If he has one more problem on the bus, they're gonna kick him off. UGH!

DH's head is still hurting. Cut is pretty noticeable on his forehead. Tomorrow at his work the owners of the company are coming for a visit. DH actually looked at me and asked if I thought he should cover up the cut. I told him that a huge bandage would be much more noticeable...unless he wanted me to put make up on it then he'd pretty much be best just leaving it be. :rolleyes:

My Basenji, Boingo, has been enjoying me being stuck indoors. He's a cuddle bug and loves to be curled up with me by his side.

redtailgal

Reaction score
My hubby would tell people that his wife had beat him. lol I always tell him not to tempt me.

We have pretty weather right now.......come on over, I've plenty that you could do outside. The lily's need to be cut back, the hosta's need to be thinned, the barn needs cleaning, the dog kennels need to be washed. Cow need to caught and given a once over before calving starts, and that just here! This weekend I have to work, 7 rescue horses and 50 goats to winterize, plus all the horse stall need to be scraped and rebedded before winter. Seriously, come over. It will be lots of fun....

Smart kids can be a real pain, sometimes. You love them, but sometimes you just want to scream. It's stressful. It's hard to tell if they are bored or just overwhelmed. One thing that I did was make my boys write out proper letters of apology when they acted badly. If they pushed or hit someone (including each other) they WROTE an apology. If they sassed their daddy, they wrote an apology. I did homeschool them, but when I keep my neice and when she gets in trouble at school, she writes a letter of apology to the teacher and classmate, if needed.

Either way, hang in there!