ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Man, sounds like quite couple of days there Emily!
I hate face cuts/scratches... they always sting worse(like paper cuts) and bleed horribly. I am actually surprised that my scratch from one of our pullets didn't cause bleeding... it sure stung as if it was cut deep... and then today, our new little doeling, Onyx, accidentally whacked the top corner of my nose... you know, between the eyebrow, nose & eye.. that nice soft section, with the tip of one of her little pointy horns. So now, in addition to the dark red line going down my right cheek 2 inches, I now have a nice little dark red dot in the center of a little black and blue... man did my eyes water with that one.

That's a bummer about your son having behavioral issues... His not wanting to talk with you about the why, makes me think that perhaps the why is that a kid or some kids have been making fun of your family. Is there a counselor at the school that he could talk to, or a family friend that he has really bonded with? He just might be willing to share the why with a family friend or counselor... most times kids don't irrationally burt out like that... it is typically from cruel jokes or name calling.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I guess you got trpped in that masive thunderstorm that swung north of us last night. We caught the very south edge, a little rain and some wind. It looked like a real mess on the radar.

Sorry to hear about your son. I wish I could help you out but I inherited my kid at age 9. He has always been a good kid so I am lucky there. Perhaps he is testing his boundries and seeing how far he can go. In which case how you are handling sounds good. Personally I would take him out to the woodshed myself but I am a heathen.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
I guess you got trpped in that masive thunderstorm that swung north of us last night. We caught the very south edge, a little rain and some wind. It looked like a real mess on the radar.

Sorry to hear about your son. I wish I could help you out but I inherited my kid at age 9. He has always been a good kid so I am lucky there. Perhaps he is testing his boundries and seeing how far he can go. In which case how you are handling sounds good. Personally I would take him out to the woodshed myself but I am a heathen.
Holy heathen, lol. Watch out for that lady and her paddle. :hide

redtailgal

Reaction score
:hugs

sorry! I get those. They are most definately UNCOOL.

I hope you feel better soon!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Stress brings on migraines for me. Know all about them. Sometimes can't even lift my head from the pillow. Sorry to hear you have a migraine. Hope you are feeling better. :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
One word, one thought, one call can make such a difference in someone's life.

Thank you for making a difference in mine :hugs

I still have a migraine this morning and am feeling just plain sick. I wish I had someone who could take the boys for the day so I could just take something and go back to bed...but no one is able to watch them until 5 tonight :( Always a weekend, huh? Any other day and they'd be in school.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Head still hurts, but it's getting better.

DH brought home dinner and is taking on the boys. They are being heathens today and haven't wanted to be good...so in addition to my head hurting, my throat is sore. Gonna have to borrow RTG's whiskey!

I'm sad that I have to where heavier clothes (no more shorts) cause the weather has gone down the tank. And of course every time the dogs wanted to go outside - it was raining and the guineas were in the backyard...so I had to go out and chase them back into the field (in the rain) so that the dogs could go potty. Those guineas are crazy and funny but I'll be glad when they're big enough to eat.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sorry about your headache . :( I woke up with one too and I finally just now got it to go away. I love Excederin Migrane, it works really good for me. I hate headaches that make you sick to your stomach. Hope you are feeling better.