redtailgal

Reaction score
Dr Phil! :lol:

oooh, I forgot the crow attack!

I hope you will keep us posted. :fl for ya

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
We'll be thoroughly cleaning the coop and disinfecting things. Water will have oxy-tet added to it for the next 2 weeks (at least). Hope that we don't lose any more of our flock. The last 2 weeks have been extremely difficult.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm so worn down right now. I'm not sure if I can handle another loss without completely falling apart, but we may lose more birds yet. And it's always a favorite. Three quarters of my birds don't have names...it's only a small few who are considered pets. And here I've lost 2 of them in a matter of days. Add that to the loss of our quail trio to a predator and Elsie to who knows what. All in a a short bit of time. And it may not be over.

My boys are being heathens and not listening to a thing that I say. My head is pounding and I just want a nap...but it's not gonna happen. When DH gets back with the oxy-tet powder we'll have to clean and disinfect the coop and all waterers. Then refill all waters so that they are medicated. Then hope that we've done enough. Vet has braced us for a potential minimum loss of 40%. That really really really sucks.

Rest in Peace: Buddy, Holly & Bobbette (quail), Elsie (goat), Fluffer (chicken), Hilda (chicken) It's awful to say but there are other animals here that I wouldn't shed a tear if this had happened to them. I would be sad yes but they're not my "babies"....my pets. I know you all can understand that. Makes me wish for a heart of stone at times so that I could let this type of thing just roll of my back. I read others posts here recently and see that other members are losing their favorites. It makes me so sad for them to be going through this too.

I need a nap. I need a break. I need a vacation. I need some joy rather than sadness.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How awful. I wish so much much there is something I could say or do to make things better. Alas, it is beyond me. Just keep going, I know you are strong enough.

The night is always darkest just before dawn.

:hugs

redtailgal

Reaction score
Well, Snot.

I was really hoping that Hilda would bounce back and we could all sigh in relief and say its not this dreaded disease.

I'm so sorry! I wish I were close enough to help with those awful chores.

There is just no right emoticon for this. I'll be thinkin, hoping, and praying for you. You will stay in my mind and on my heart until its over. I know its just much help, but its all I can do.

sigh. I'm sorry. I will leave shortly for the farm run with my vet, and willpick his brain for ya.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:hugs I am so sorry that you lost hilda. Keep your chin up, Emily. Things will get better. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel nomatter how long that tunnel may be. I am very sorry that you are going through all of these losses on your farm. I hope things get better for you really soon. :hugs

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
:hugs
I am so sorry Emily, I hope the meds work I had it go through my youngest and one of the oldest got it but pulled through.
This was before I knew of BYC and BYH. I have since put wire or net over my pen to keep out crows and such.
I live in Arkansas where we had the crows falling out of the sky dead and bird flu in other wild birds.
I am a softy when my animals are concerned pets or supposed live stock shouldn't be a pet or spoilt quotes from my family.
I hope for a swift recovery of your flock and many prayers being sent your way. :fl

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Oh man Emily... :hugs I am praying that you don't lose more of your animals. This has been a rough year for farm animals in general. A lot of people have been losing goats to predators, thefts, and unexplained deaths(where even necropsy doesn't reveal a clear cause), birds to tons of oddities, and other livestock to strange illnesses or freak accidents. Almost makes me wonder what is happening globally.. not just here in the U.S.A.

Latest posts