ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Another sigh of relief when I let the chickens out this morning. Everyone is doing great.

It's raining today. We're expecting rain all day. Blah!

I took pity on the goats and gave them each a handful of alfalfa / timothy pellets. And of course the llama wanted a handful too ;)

We're expecting Rain tomorrow too but I really need to get the final breeding pen built so that we can get everyone separated.

Our revised plan is:

Snickers & Lilly (already together)
Ranger & Maggie
Speedy & Goldie

Remaining in the main field:
Rocky (wether)
Daisy ( :p )
Diva (too young to breed)
Kingston (wether)

I'm really disliking all the wet weather. Quite frankly I'm ready for snow. I want the ground frozen solid (but wait until I get posts driven for the last breeding pen please).

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So happy to hear all the remaining chickens are still going strong. :D

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
I am happy to hear that you had 2 days in a row with noone sick, sometimes its the baby steps that work the best.

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Finally, another sensible person who prefers snow to MUD.

Mud....UGH.
I'm the same way.. just had to put some spare stepping stones we had laying around near the chicken coop- the mud is unbearable!!!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I agree. It is so muddy right now I keep slipping every time I go out to feed the goats. I will take some nice frozen ground over this any day. I have a friend from Maine who calls spring, "Mud Season" and he HATES it!

Em- so glad to hear all the birds are doing well. I will keep y'all in my thoughts but I fervently hope this is over. I miss Miss Flufferbottom.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I can't post what's on my mind, cause what's on my mind would set your computer on fire. Time to cuddle with my dog.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
DH just came in from the barn (I made him go out since it's raining). And tells me that we've got some potential excitement going on out there. I'll clue you in later :p

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
elevan said:
DH just came in from the barn (I made him go out since it's raining). And tells me that we've got some potential excitement going on out there. I'll clue you in later :p
Geez Em- waiting is HARD!!!!!

0453.gif

Latest posts