Getting a premee 3 day calf- How much to feed ** photos added **

Azriel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am putting her up in the sling to feed her most of the time. I just don't have time in the morning before I go to work. Its not that she isn't trying, she just can't get up yet. I think that might be my falt for letting her lay to long. She trys, and gets her body about a foot off the ground then falls down. I think the sling is helping, she is getting stronger, and is starting to get her legs working, but still can't hold herself up. I'm not ready to give up on her yet.

Azriel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just a quick up date. We had to put this calf down. After a month of trying to get her up and walking, I started seeing what looked like an S curve in her spine, and she wasn't even trying to use her back legs anymore. I was finally able to get a vet to come out and look at her, and she did have a spine problem, and wasn't ever going to be able to get up and walk. It was a hard, but best for the calf.

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I am SO sorry, you put so much effort and heart into her. At least you know she was well fed and cared for while she was on earth.

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Cricket said:
I am SO sorry, you put so much effort and heart into her. At least you know she was well fed and cared for while she was on earth.
x2! Sorry you lost her. Thanks for giving her the best (short) life she could possibly have had considering her ailments.