Ginger's kidding thread

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Babies on right, rumen on left. Unless they are really really big and crowded you won't see movement on the left side. One less thing to worry about for ya.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
madcow said:
Well guys, I figured out that what I thought was udder "boom" with Ginger wasn't. It was the way she was standing that made it look like it had grown dramatically. I feel really embarrassed about it. She has been standing with her hind legs really close together and it made her udder stick way out past her back legs. She still hasn't kidded, and no signs that she will at this moment. Still feeling her ligaments, which I should have checked at that point, but didn't, probably would have told me more. We're still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and.........:barnie:he:hu:idunno:duc
:hugs
So you have no bred date on her? That is what is making it so hard on you. I'm kind of glad I have a due date for my girls, but of course they could go earlier or later than due dates. Hoping she gives you kids soon. :fl
Per the seller there was no exact date on her, just a general range. At this point it could be anywhere between "now" and the end of the January. That's making it really frustrating. For sure when I breed my goats I will be keeping records on all this, because this just makes it a lot more work than it needs to be in my opinion.

Tmaxson

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
madcow said:
marlowmanor said:
madcow said:
Well guys, I figured out that what I thought was udder "boom" with Ginger wasn't. It was the way she was standing that made it look like it had grown dramatically. I feel really embarrassed about it. She has been standing with her hind legs really close together and it made her udder stick way out past her back legs. She still hasn't kidded, and no signs that she will at this moment. Still feeling her ligaments, which I should have checked at that point, but didn't, probably would have told me more. We're still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and.........:barnie:he:hu:idunno:duc
:hugs
So you have no bred date on her? That is what is making it so hard on you. I'm kind of glad I have a due date for my girls, but of course they could go earlier or later than due dates. Hoping she gives you kids soon. :fl
Per the seller there was no exact date on her, just a general range. At this point it could be anywhere between "now" and the end of the January. That's making it really frustrating. For sure when I breed my goats I will be keeping records on all this, because this just makes it a lot more work than it needs to be in my opinion.
So sorry you are having to deal with this, I know exactly how you feel. My very first goat birth had the same exact situation. So this year, even though I have a buck, I took the girls on a date with him in order to have an exact due date. She will eventually give birth but I'm sure at this point your are thinking is this ever going to happen. She really did look close in the last picture you posted of her so it should be any time now.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I definitely wanted a breeding date for Bailey because she has had kidding issues before so I really want to be available if she has issues again. I'll probably be just as crazy when it comes kidding time around here. ;)

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mamaboid said:
Babies on right, rumen on left. Unless they are really really big and crowded you won't see movement on the left side. One less thing to worry about for ya.
Well, that's just wonderful information to have! Thanks, it does ease my mind of some worry! Hope it helps someone else in the future too who may read this. Whew...... I can find more things to worry about than most people can find answers. I used to not be that way, but I find more and more to worry about as I get older. Thanks so very much Mamaboid! :hugs :bow

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just found this thread and read the whole thing! I'm crossing my fingers for you and for a safe kidding! Can't wait to see pics of the new babies!!!

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
TigerLily Trail Ranch said:
Any chance of new pics? ;)
Here's a picture of her this morning.
8037_ginger_jan18_001.jpg

this one was on the 10th.
8037_ginger_jan10_001.jpg