Good Morning!--Chat thread

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
If the frogs are singing you won't have much of a winter left, if any. They won't be singing here anytime soon! :( I love to listen to the peepers!
Yep, nothin' better than sitting out on the backporch on a warm spring evening with a cup of [insert favorite beverage here] just listening to the frog's a singin'.

Gosh I just can't wait for spring...:(

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
Farmer Kitty said:
If the frogs are singing you won't have much of a winter left, if any. They won't be singing here anytime soon! :( I love to listen to the peepers!
Yep, nothin' better than sitting out on the backporch on a warm spring evening with a cup of [insert favorite beverage here] just listening to the frog's a singin'.

Me either! Do you suppose it will ever come?

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
WildRoseBeef said:
Farmer Kitty said:

Me either! Do you suppose it will ever come?
Only time will tell...

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I found a frog today, Bruiser wanted to eat it. I told him that's worse than killing chickens!
Right now I am only hearing a few frogs. When they really start in, I will kick the back door open and fill the whole house with the sound of frogs! I love it, drives everybody else nut's

Caught a calf nursing on a heifer today, she stood there and let the calf nurse! It's one of the heifers I did NOT catch, because she wasn't getting a bag?
Hmm.......

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
it sure has cooled off here this morning.an the wind is blowing pretty good.high is gonna be in the 50s today.so winter is still here.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Hubby is taking off to go smelt dipping this morning. I gotta catch that heifer this morning and then back to my fire!

Seems the last dairy in our little area, sold out a few days ago.
There ain't much left of this farming community.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
now thats so sad.there used tobe 11 dairies around me.an now theres none.we was the last to quit milking.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
now thats so sad.there used tobe 11 dairies around me.an now theres none.we was the last to quit milking.
It is sad. I can think of 7 that were around here, I'm sure I am forgetting some one. Of those 7, 1 is now a sheep farm and 1 took her cows and moved away! I think her farm and the rest, are pretty much houses now!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i wont ever sale the farm.an i dont think the neices an nephews will sell it either.the farms been in the family for well over 100yrs.