Good Morning!--Chat thread

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
glad you didnt get as much smow as they had said.oh me what are the girls fighting about this early in the morning.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
'Morning!

It's freaking cold this morning...-25 C with a windchill of -30 C...Buuuutt it's supposed to warm up to -10 by coffee time. Yay.

Anyway, 'nother midterm today...the start of a busy March of school...

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Didn't need the alarm this morning, woke to a mooing cow!
I just don't get it. IF we want to catch them, they have no problem finding the gates to get out of the corral. IF their calf is on the wrong side of the fence, they have no clue how to get out and get them?

Kitty, I know the fighting kids will probably never end, but when is your winter supposed to end?

WildRoseBeef, when are you supposed to get Spring?

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
About 14" of snow since yesterday AM. -14 here this AM, with a strong north wind blowing. Deep snowbanks everywhere, so it will take me most of the afternoon to get the yard opened up and the cows fed. This has been a really long winter for us.

We were extremely wet at freezeup last fall. Got nearly 20" of rain in October, so the ground was totally saturated when winter struck. Lots of crops still out in fields north of here. Over 25% of the sugar beets were not harvested. Now, when it finally does thaw, the entire amount of snowmelt will have to run off, and Fargo and Grand Forks, ND will be in a flood situation again.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
jhm47 said:
About 14" of snow since yesterday AM. -14 here this AM, with a strong north wind blowing. Deep snowbanks everywhere, so it will take me most of the afternoon to get the yard opened up and the cows fed. This has been a really long winter for us.
And I'm whining that I had to go out and walk across the frosted ground to shut a cow up? I guess I'd never make in SD either!

Spring is coming folks!
The wild turkeys are gobbling up a storm this morning!

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
thewife--sounds like after this little cold snap things are supposed to go back into the single digits....rather negative single digits. Hope it stays that way until the end of March. :fl BTW, usually we start seeing signs of spring around April.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We usually see signs of spring about April too. This winter is so crazy it's hard to say when we will see it! I would like to get back to normal temps. Our high today is suppose to be +18F but our normal high is +33F. At least the sun is shinning but, it's windy-winchill of +6F.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
April?
Well, if you all are tired of the cold and snow, your welcome to come over and throw sticks on my fire!
It's sunny and warm! The frogs are singing!
I know winter is going to sneak back soon, but today I am ignoring that fact!
Guess I shold go scrape the slab before the rains come back!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If the frogs are singing you won't have much of a winter left, if any. They won't be singing here anytime soon! :( I love to listen to the peepers!