Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We lost one dairy farm in our area this last year--they moved. It's just a matter of time before they are out though as they can't pay their bills.

I took off and went bumming today. I see you guys have been a busy bunch while I was away! :)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
We lost one dairy farm in our area this last year--they moved. It's just a matter of time before they are out though as they can't pay their bills.

I took off and went bumming today. I see you guys have been a busy bunch while I was away! :)
You took a day off the farm?
I heard it can done, I figured it was another one of those mythological things!
I just burned stuff, until the boy gave me "stop work" order! He said my flames were reaching too high?(something about good trees catching on fire?)

The lady who moved away with her cows, is having trouble keeping up with the bills too. I really hope she can make it! I spent many mornings in her parlor, while she milked, learning about cows!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kute Kitten wanted me to make her a vest like the Care Bear one that she has out grown and Peanut is now wearing.
Oldvest.jpg

Here is the new vest. Not to bad for a novice with no pattern-at least I don't think so. She is happy with it.
Newvest.jpg

It is hanging on the hanger crooked.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Might have over did it a little yesterday! My right foot doesn't want me to get up to get more coffee, and my right elbow doesn't want me to pick up the cup!

Kitty, the vest looks real good!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Did you fall or bang the right side somehow? Or is that just the side that complains first? Take it easier today and let them recooperate.

Thank you. I have a poncho or two to make yet before spring too.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Did you fall or bang the right side somehow? Or is that just the side that complains first? Take it easier today and let them recooperate.

It's just the side that complains the most!
According to my Dr., my "29" yr old body just ain't built to do the things I have been doing fo the past 20+ years, so I am just old and falling apart!
Gotta love a DR. that says it like it is!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:

It's just the side that complains the most!
According to my Dr., my "29" yr old body just ain't built to do the things I have been doing fo the past 20+ years, so I am just old and falling apart!
Gotta love a DR. that says it like it is!
I hope my Dr is that kind on Monday!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I think my Johnny cow had a bull calf.
I told her to have a heifer.

Now, it's raining.
What's next?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning,

We had a calf waiting for us this morning. Get this, it was a heifer calf! She's black and white. I'll post pics this afternoon, hopefully.

It's cold here. -3F this morning when we got up. It's moved up to +7F so far on it's way up to 18F.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

About 50, rainy and windy!
Since my tractor is still topless, I guess I will have to find something else to do today! I refuse to work in the rain, topless!

Kitty, Yea a heifer! Black and white, thats a surprise!

Wait, have we switched? I get a bull, you get a heifer? This won't work me! Of the 10, I had left to calve, Johnny was one of 5, I REALLY wanted a heifer from.
If 2 of those 4 left, have bulls, I will cry!