Good Morning!--Chat thread

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i finally went an fed an watered the hens an got 14 eggs.an now i have to wash them.went to lunch with a buddy.now im to full.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
WildRoseBeef said:
I'm looking forward to doing a major oral presentation on Grass-fed vs. Grain-fed Beef tomorrow in one of my labs (just a course on communication that I have to take as part of my program). Supposed to be 10 min long, and in front of a class of like 20 people. Oh what fun is that going to be!
How did things go? Or is it later today?
It was later today, at 2 pm.

Well, for one thing I'm glad I got it done. BUT, I know I screwed up on a number of things; went beyond the time limit, stumbled a little on one powerpoint slide, and didn't look up at the audience as much as I should've. PLUS there was a TONNE of stuff I had to present and now I know how difficult it is to fit it all in into a seeming-long yet amazingly short 10 minute time period!! My before I deleted a bunch of stuff it was a 30-minute presentation, so I had to delete half of what I had, but still ended up with a lot. Which meant that I had to do some improvising on my last few minutes. And of course I had to use my laptop to read my notes off of because I couldn't find a place that would print off my ppt slides (with the notes attached) for me in a space of 5 minutes before class started! Again, I guess me scottish ancestry came into play and I just had to find someway to improvise, to make do with what I had. I just hope I didn't bore anybody with it in my class...

Anyway, I think I'm still in shock from it all, LOL. But hey, now I can sit back and enjoy the other presentations that my colleagues are going to present in the next couple weeks.

There was one presentation in this lab today on TaeKwonDo which was totally cool. The student presenting it demonstrated various kicks in the sport as well as some other moves...and, even more awesome, she broke a 1" thick board for us. Not a plasterboard, but a board of solid wood as if just freshly cut from a tree. That was neat.

Another neat presentation was the one right after mine, and it was about Monty Roberts and his Joining Up technique with green horses. I certainly learned a few things from that.

Anyway, I guess you could say I had a good day. :D

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
You know how cold it was this morning?? -30 C with a -41 windchill!! Absolutely ridiculous for this time of year!!

On the other hand, its supposed to warm up to +5 by Saturday, so HOPEFULLY it comes and HOPEFULLY it stays!! :bow :fl

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WRB, I'm glad your presentation went well. It is amazing how long but short 10 minutes can be! :)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I have a CLEAN kitchen floor!
It's even shiny!
Bruiser is body slamming the front door, wanting back in, but I think I will ignore him and enjoy my clean floor awhile!

WildRoseBeef, I'm glad you survived your presentation!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
It's even shiny!
Now your speaking those foreign words! :lol: Mine needs cleaning too. It just never seems to stay clean that long as it's the floor we come in on. :rolleyes:

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
It's even shiny!
Now your speaking those foreign words! :lol: Mine needs cleaning too. It just never seems to stay clean that long as it's the floor we come in on. :rolleyes:
To be honest, I think this is only the second time I've given it a good scrubbin since Bruiser moved in! Between him, the snow, mud, fire wood and the dirty work we all do, I know it was a big waste of time!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's down to 3F this morning with the wind blowing up to 35 miles an hour. Sounds nasty just sitting inside much less being out in it. I looked out the kitchen window when I got up this morning and the south end barn doors were wide open. :barnie Nothing was frozen and it wasn't to bad in the barn, thankfully!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i got up to rain an temps in the 40s.an they say we will get rain for the next 3 or 4 days.its getting real dry here an the pools are low.who left the barn doors open last nite.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

It's like 28 out there, waaay too cold to be outside!
Hubby is sick, the boy is at work and I don't think I have enough hay at the weaners feed bunk for a feeding. I might just have to do some real work for once, and move some bales!