Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
im grazing on cheetos.but my gumms dont like it.
Yea Cheetos!

I got the pen cleaned!
The pen had been dug out so deep throughout the years, just buy raking out the old hay, I found out the water line is completely exposed!
The pen is also a good 2 ft deeper in the middle than around the edges? Going by the yuck I found on the plastic they put down for a moisture barrier, it looks like it might hold some water when it rains in the barn? Could be why I had a few bad spots on some of the big bales?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like someone needs to check the roof. Maybe it can be patched before it becomes a huge issue.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
im wondering if the barn isnt in a low spot there.thus allowing the the water to flow into the barn when it rains.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Sounds like someone needs to check the roof. Maybe it can be patched before it becomes a huge issue.
Sorry, I didn't explain the rain!
When the condensation on the roof freezes, it pours like a heavy very cold rain in the barn, when it thaws! Not normally enough to ruin hay, but since the pen is more bowl shaped and the bales are sitting on plastic, it seems to be causing problems!

Speaking of water! Could not get into the field I wanted to spread manure on! When the front tires started sinking, I decided to spread it somewhere else!
Then the silly boy who hasn't figured out my ways, after all these years, showed up!
I asked him if he would load "a couple" of 20 ft 2x6s on my manure spreader, "because I needed them in the barn"!
As he was unloading the first of 8, I asked him if he wanted me to go up into the loft to get him the saw! I just loved the look he gave me!
So, now the bottoms of all walls are 6 inches lower, and a few drafty areas are plugged up! When I started telling him what I wanted to do to the feeders, he walked out on me?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Sorry, I didn't explain the rain!
When the condensation on the roof freezes, it pours like a heavy very cold rain in the barn, when it thaws! Not normally enough to ruin hay, but since the pen is more bowl shaped and the bales are sitting on plastic, it seems to be causing problems!

Speaking of water! Could not get into the field I wanted to spread manure on! When the front tires started sinking, I decided to spread it somewhere else!
Then the silly boy who hasn't figured out my ways, after all these years, showed up!
I asked him if he would load "a couple" of 20 ft 2x6s on my manure spreader, "because I needed them in the barn"!
As he was unloading the first of 8, I asked him if he wanted me to go up into the loft to get him the saw! I just loved the look he gave me!
So, now the bottoms of all walls are 6 inches lower, and a few drafty areas are plugged up! When I started telling him what I wanted to do to the feeders, he walked out on me?
Sounds like my DH! :rolleyes:

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Just started moving out today. Me and mom got about 1/3 of the stuff in my apartment moved home, mostly books, kitchen and bathroom stuff, and the tables and shelves I had. The bigger stuff we're leaving for another time.

But now I just got a letter from the university, or at least the ag faculty, that I am allowed to appeal AGAIN. So here I am sitting here, tired, and a little sore from doing moving today, utterly bewildered by this. I didn't know that I could appeal a second time, because I thought that it was a once-only deal. Well, now I might have to think about going to have to do some asking about this, when I'm not so tired nor confuddled.

But anyway, back to work again tomorrow. Me and the vet went to a 4H show in town yesterday to look at the cattle being shown there. According to him, he only saw a few out of about a dozen steers that were properly finished, plus a few good heifers and cows with calves. He said that the 4H shows around town used to be a lot bigger with better livestock than what we saw today. Dunno why 4H is losing popularity; must be because of kids being more attached to their iPhones and computers and Xbox 360s. :rolleyes:

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Go for the appeal.

As for 4H not being so popular, it could be the demands of the group. We looked into it here and there is no way. It's no wonder that the kids in 4H here have mothers who either don't work out or work out part time. Kute Kitten showed her rabbit in open class last year and intends to do the same this year and expand to more projects in open class too.

Happy moving!

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morining everyone!
Well, It's not raining right now but it will be here this afternoon. It has been nice to see it come in. The AC finally got fix here yesterday so that help. Even though I know we could do ok without. The Funny Farm is doing good for now. Reba is doing fine. She's not rocking back and forth, so I quess I'll say it was a pulled muslce or sprine :idunno . I do have another pic That I'll post in Garden area. My hubby thinks Reba ate some of the leaves???? But as for me. I'm just back into the swing of cleaning house. I do a room a day from top to bottom. I did move the second dog house to where the duck cage will be. That is being a slow project. The Chicken coop I added some Wooden slats to make it easier for them to stay on the top without sliding down. I'm looking for some dog small carries to make nesting boxes. And wood pole's to make their roosting pole easier to stay on. Also I'm going to put a trap on one side so they think they have more pricay at night.With what I'm been seeing. We built the coop not so very chicken friendly. Boy it's very hard to be a wannabe. :lol: . I'm so glad for this web site. I'll post those pic's when I'm done with it Otherwise things are good :celebrate

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi mare,

Glad to hear Reba's hoof/leg is doing better. I saw your post on the plant but, I have no clue as to what it is.

Sounds like you have been busy