Good Morning!--Chat thread

PattiXmas

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a beautiful sunny Monday! No school for the kids today.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning everybody!

Looks like it's going to be a lovely day for Hubby and the boy to stay inside the barn and finish my new loft! I wish I could help them, but I really have to hang out in the garden and try to get a picture of the crow with the white feathers!
They finished my bridge yesterday! Seems heights bother me a little more than I thought! I stepped up on the bridge, and the whole barn started spinning around me, felt like I was just going to fall off the edge! It will be an interesting winter, having to cross it everyday!

We went to see the in-laws at the river last night. Step brats showed up, so Hubby got to see his grandson! The kid still ain't big enough to buck bales, so told her to up the feed!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
he will be big enough to buck bales soon enough.an uping his feed will help with that.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We had a good time at my brother's and his wife's. We gathered for a get together for the day and it was nice to sit and visit with family.

Once crops are planted it haying time. Since we won't be needing the tillage equipment for awhile it will stay broke, except for the wheel on the plow. That has to be fixed in order to get the plow back home. We picked the parts up today on our way to my brother's.

He did finally manage to get the plowing done with the old plows last night and is over disking tonight.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Another day of not getting a darm thing done!
Hubby had some errands to run, so they did not get started back on the loft til around 4. I'm pretending I was busy all day, so I can sit and relax while they work!

I'm trying to ignore the that fact haying season is coming, sounds like a lot of work!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
thewife im like you i had a lazy slow day.kitty glad your getting the last field ready for planting.an its just about time to bale hay.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
1/2 inch of rain overnight and it's still raining and looks like it will rain today and tomorrow. DH isn't tickled about it. We do need the rain. He was just hoping to get that field done first. It only needed dragging and then seeding. Oh well.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
maybe it dry pretty quick after the rain.an yall can get it planted.
Hopefully! After Wed. they are saying it should be late Sat. before we get rain again.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning every body!

The guys got my cat walk up yesterday!
Now I can really see how messy the hay storage pen is, so I'm gonna try to get it cleaned up today! We are supposed to have rain tonight, so hopefully I can mix what I pull out of that pen with some rocky manure I pulled off one of the slabs, and spread it onto one of the lower fields that needs it!
Not that the field needs the rocks, but I figure it already has rocks, I am never gonna hay it, so it will be a good place to spread rocky manure!