Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hope you avoided you SIL last night!

5 acres field all disked and DH is planting it. A 14 acre field left to go! Not sure what is going in it. I guess it depends on how well it works up to whether or not it gets seeded down or corn.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning all!

Hubby is off to to the barn to hopefully finish my loft!
I think I am going to try to figure out how to string up my grapevines?

Kitty, Oh yea, got out of going to see sil last night!
BUT MIL called last night, she will be going to the river property today, AND wants to stop by! I think I will be seeing all of them this weekend!
Glad your getting your fields done, wish I could get going on mine!

PattiXmas

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We had a blast yesterday! Some friends and family came over for a cook out and bonfire. It was great! My daughter (she's 14) made potato salad, baby carrots in italian dressing, baked beans (with hamburger, onion, brown sugar, ketchup and maple syrup it them - yummy), chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels. My 15 yr old son ran the grill - he did hot dogs and brats, they were perfect!

Then we had a bonfire complete with s'mores! Has anyone tried the strawberry marshmallows? They are yummy on a s'more!

My friend was shocked at how big our wethers, chickens and ducks are! She says for city slickers were are doing great! She then tried to get us to trade one of our wether for hers - ummmmm, NO!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Strawberry marshmellows are yummy!

I'm glad your picnic went well! :)

It's a huge compliment when someone who is an old hand at an animal wants to trade. :thumbsup

PattiXmas

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:

It's a huge compliment when someone who is an old hand at an animal wants to trade. :thumbsup
We were so proud when she said that! I took my camera yesterday, planning on getting new pics but when the drink mixer came out, I kind of forgot about "work". I'll have to get new pics soon! They are growing so fast and doing great! Our dairy goats are extremely friendly and she was shocked at how well they walk/follow. They are going to be awesome in the ring with my daughter!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
PattiXmas said:
Farmer Kitty said:

We were so proud when she said that! I took my camera yesterday, planning on getting new pics but when the drink mixer came out, I kind of forgot about "work". I'll have to get new pics soon! They are growing so fast and doing great! Our dairy goats are extremely friendly and she was shocked at how well they walk/follow. They are going to be awesome in the ring with my daughter!
That's great! Just make sure they are used to the actual show equipment. I know a cow someone didn't get used to the show halter and she reared when the chain came up under her chin.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ended up back across the way to the field. The plow lost a tire. The bearings went and DH brought the tire home and we found what he needed to put it back together and took the truck with jack, etc. over to put it back on so he could keep plowing. He would have been done or just about done by now. :rolleyes:

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
man yall are making me tired from reading what yall have been doing.so glad your on your last field.i bet kutekitten an peanut are glad to.i had to catch up on all my work today.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Plow broke down again. He parked it and then came home for the old one. It needed a plow share put on first.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
sounds like he is going tobe working in the shop alot once everything is planted.i dont think ill have to work to hard today.