Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Cutie Pie had a bull calf. We had to pull him and he arrived about 9:30 tonight. I'll post pic tomorrow on my calf thread.

We were out disking tonight. The scarry part was that I had the heavy disks hooked on and I was going right through the springs and they were rock hard. Normally, they would be wet and DH, who had the lighter set of disks on, would have been working them with me pulling him out/through. We must be awfully dry.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Congrats on the new calf, sorry it was a bull!
I really wish I could be out disking! We might even be too wet to spread manure this weekend!

We just put the last of the lumber up, to finish the new loft!
(ok, he did it, while I watched)
I also took the broody hens off of rotten eggs and golfballs! Boy they sure can make alot of noise!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie It's raining! I'm wet as I had the tractor without the cab (my preference) It could have waited until Tuesday! We should have had these two fields done today and tomorrow. Monday is Dad's retirement picnic so I could have held off! :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie

Maybe it won't be to bad and we can still get out there and work later? :fl

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good afternoon!

Hubby took off this morning to help a buddy fix his truck, so I spent the morning cleaning out my email inbox. I would like to know how my sister that swears she doesn't even have time to breath, has the time to read, watch and forward all the stuff she does?

Sorry about the rain Kitty, I was trying to send it to those that need it!
We have sunshine!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh, we need it. But, can we get these two fields planted this weekend first? It rained for a while and then we went out to see if we could disk or not. Disking of the bigger field is done and DH is getting ready to plant it.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I don't need rain yet, but I sure could use a brain that works!

I moved the goose tub so I didn't have to drag a hose over the garden beds! For the past week, I've been trying to come up with an easier way to fill it, without having to crawl through the blueberry bushes.
THEN! I had a brainstorm!
I could get the hose with the cut off end!
I could just set it up so all I have to do is hook it up and fill!
I don't like the idea of another hose running through the garden, but hey, this will work! I am soooo good!
Now, where did I leave the hose with the cut off end?
I left it attached to the faucet that I forgot I even have! It is 10 feet closer to the goose tub than the garden faucet!
No bushes to crawl through, just turn it on and open the gate!
Yea, some times I have to wonder about myself!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm in. Tractor gauge said it was overheating. The other 1170's water pump went about a week ago and the 1486 had over heated due to it's radiator needing blowing out about the same time. DH thinks this one just needs it's radiator blown out too but, by the time he gets it exposed and done and put back together it will be to late to see much. The other 1170 is on the corn planter and the 1486 is on the plow, which he still needs and doesn't really want to unhook yet. So, I'm in to make supper.

Things just won't breakdown when not in use. NOPE! They have to wait until it's inconvient for you. :gig