Greetings from Central Wisconsin

Tatter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello folks! I'm Tatter, a hermit from Hamburg, WI...a small farming community of about 900 folks in the middle of nowhere, just west of Wausau. I'm a transient from BYC, and merely here to learn about goats (miniature/dwarf nigerians) and mules. I'm working towards building a small hobby farm on a piece of property (40 acres) that wasn't traditionally set up to be a farm, let alone to have more than just a dog, so with a bit of creative thinking and resourcefulness, I'll make it happen....eventually. I figure 5 goats and mule will do just fine as I use the goat milk for my soap making and a mule for riding and plowing my garden. Yes, I do nearly everything the Amish way as I work closely with the Amish during the warm months, so their way of farming sort of is rubbing off on me. I look forward to picking peoples brains here.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
:welcome from New Jersey

Good luck with your new venture!

Tatter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you Ms. Research...it's been a long one at that...2 years thus far :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:welcome

I have a lot of Amish around me too. I often buy product from them. But I'm much to attached to modern farming.

Tatter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm noise sensitive, thus what machines I do use are few like a log splitter and chainsaw. But with all machines, things break down and so when these items cost too much to repair, I'll bring out the ax and sledge hammer. I even got rid of my ATV and just borrow a horse as it costs less than the ATV. Have a buckboard in the wagon I built for the Amish only to be given it a year later as a gift of friendship and so some day that wagon will be in full service if I can ever get my hands on a mule :)

Tatter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you ForestOwl

Nova+Sassy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome Tatter!
Hope you have some fun here! :bun

Tatter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks Nova, I think I will like it here indeed :)