Rebbetzin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
BYHCountessGreen.jpg

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
:welcome
I too have alot of Amish and Menonites south and east of me. I'm a mix of old fashion meets new age.

Tatter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Makes for an interesting combination, doesn't it? I find it hard to relate with most and I think it's because of the Amish/Mennonite community as their ways sort of grow on me.

Run-A-Muck Ranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome aboard... I am sure you will find lots of helpful info on this site...
We live in a small little 'unincorporated township', one stop sign, nothing within 25 miles any direction.... I love it out here...We have Amish around us as well, not as much as you probably, but a few families within a 10 mile radius... I always envy some of their ways---self sufficiency, simply-ness, easy going... although I don't know if I could handle the 'no electricity...some day I will have solar power though and not have to deal with our horrible electric company.... :)

Anyway...rambling on here...
Welcome to the site... and enjoy...

Tatter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Run-A-Muck Ranch said:
Welcome aboard... I am sure you will find lots of helpful info on this site...
We live in a small little 'unincorporated township', one stop sign, nothing within 25 miles any direction.... I love it out here...We have Amish around us as well, not as much as you probably, but a few families within a 10 mile radius... I always envy some of their ways---self sufficiency, simply-ness, easy going... although I don't know if I could handle the 'no electricity...some day I will have solar power though and not have to deal with our horrible electric company.... :)

Anyway...rambling on here...
Welcome to the site... and enjoy...
Hey there, I am one of the few who could easily live without power. I truly have no use for it as I grew up with a grandparent who didn't have electricity until 1982 and still then my grandfolks chose not to use it all that much. My alarm clock is still an old wind up :) as are most of my clocks and wristwatch. I don't care for TV or the radio and only need power for a few things that can easily be replaced with solar power and yes, I'll have solar one day, but not for my whole house, merely for things like the water pump and front door porch light and with the gas prices being the way they are, all I need is a horse or mule to go along with my buckboard wagon :)

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, I found those wagon's aren't cheap. Just buying an older used horse drawn wagon isn't a cheap process. I bought it for hauling logs with my Shire's. The tractor just can't reach everywhere a horse can.