Here we go again, she's screaming...

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
After reading more on pneumonia, I'm sure that she never had it in the first place.

She's crying again.

Anything I can give her to alleviate her anxiety, calm her a bit?

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
dianneS said:
If this does pass, how much longer do I continue to do this with her? Do I keep her until this condition kills her or do I have her put down because she's got a defect that there is no cure for?
Im so sorry she has this condition. :hugs But I really dont think anyone can answer that question but you. Im sorry :hugs

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
dianneS said:
After reading more on pneumonia, I'm sure that she never had it in the first place.

She's crying again.

Anything I can give her to alleviate her anxiety, calm her a bit?
Does she calm a bit when you with her??? If so...I would spend sometime out there with her. I dont know anything medications to calm a goat with except for mild sedation drugs a vet would have. Give the vet a call back. Maybe he can give you something?? So she can get thru this.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I gave her a dose of banamine in case she is in any pain. It seems to have calmed her down a bit, she's not screaming like before. I have her wrapped in a blanket and she's not panting as hard, but her heart is still racing but feeling weaker.

I think she may be dying. Her eyes roll back in her head from time to time but then she'll come around and appear as if she's completely alert! I don't know what is going on?

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am so sorry. How awful for her and you to have to go through this. I agree, if it soothes her at all to have you with her I'd spend as much time with as your able to.

I hope she snaps out of it again.

:hugs

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She's crying again. I'm going to go sit with her. I don't think she's going to make it, but you never know with this one. I wish I had a sedative for her.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
dianneS said:
She's crying again. I'm going to go sit with her. I don't think she's going to make it, but you never know with this one. I wish I had a sedative for her.
I wish you did too :( Im glad your going to sit with her thru this...I am soooo sorry :hugs Poor girl.....:hugs

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just talked to the vet again. He's out on farm calls right now and won't be back at the clinic for about 3-4 hours. I'm going to meet him at the clinic this evening and if she's not any better, he's going to put her out of her misery.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:hugs Im sorry...thats never ever an easy call...awwww :hugs

Only you know whats best for her...I hope she pulls thru for you! :fl

If not...I think your making the right decision. I would probally do the same thing...its hard and I am very sorry :hugs

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've been in panic mode up until this instant. Its starting to set in now. I'm upset. She's my favorite little goat and I guess I've always known that she wasn't quite right. There has always been something a little off with her ever since birth. She's an adult pygmy and only weighs about 25 lbs. She's so tiny, and the prettiest face of all of my goats.

I got her from an idiot breeder and always considered her more of a "rescue" since her previous owner was clueless about goat care and breeding practices. I'm not surprised if this little girl has a congenital defect. At least she got almost two good years of life and wasn't forced to have babies at her small size. Her previous owner planned to use this little one for breeding!

I'm really upset. :hit