Holy Crap! Shots fired at Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they'd live up to campaign promises that would make a HUGE difference. (but I've digressed).
Latest DH read is a local PD climbed a ladder on that building and the gunman aimed at him. The PD officer ducked down and then shots were fired by the gunman.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made sure my boss knew this happened. I also asked if work had a plan for dealing with civil unrest in our city / near work. She asked "Why do you think there will be widespread civil unrest?" :he

She is a wonderful, intelligent jock but so clueless about some things. I replied "Because I'm a giant pessimist and the Trump vs Biden issue already has people foaming at the mouth..."

Anyone have a golf based analogy I can give her? I'm serious...
The city that I work in is well known for random violence. When I heard about this incident, one of my first thoughts was that I was glad to be working where I was. One of the barriers to me getting hired was that they lean HEAVILY toward hiring veterans. Probably 80% of the staff at any given time has been well trained & many can be armed with a 2min trip to their vehicle. (A few are armed despite company regs against weapons).

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I heard they saw the guy on the roof with his rifle pointed at Trump for several minutes before he shot at him and the secret service sniper was going to shoot him as soon as they saw him and was told he wasn't allowed to
WT?! I'm pretty sure a secret service sniper is capable of shooting him non-fatally unless he had super good cover. Then they could have interrogated him.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I heard they saw the guy on the roof with his rifle pointed at Trump for several minutes before he shot at him and the secret service sniper was going to shoot him as soon as they saw him and was told he wasn't allowed to
I heard some rumblings about this. I think it’s more of that woke touchy feel good crap. But it’s bad crap and it ties the agents hands.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whatever it was, it was s massive failure and I don’t feel good about it. Every roof should have been covered. 5’ nothing secret service women should not have been in charge of covering a man of Trump’s height and stature. This was a clusterf___ of inconceivable proportion, if not intentional

Status
Not open for further replies.