Honaker Farm Kidding Watch: Daisy - KIDDED pg 19

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Another day and we're still waiting. She's got to be the biggest liar there is! :rant

Maybe she didn't take at the 8/25 breeding that I witnessed...the buck ran with her for another month...but he spent most of that day on her.

Progress today is that she's looking open "back there" ...again. And she's not all that interested in her grain today - mainly wanting hay and water only. :idunno

Come on already Daisy, aka: The Lying Preggo Goat!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Maybe tonight!!!! I'm so excited that I have ANOTHER snowday tomorrow!!!! We had a half day wednesday, snowday today, and one tomorrow!!!! So excited!!!!! (Sorry, I'm just excited!)

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I feel your aggravation! I am going through the same thing with my liar goat!!

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Best wishes for a safe delivery for east coast babies. Calling for a big snowstorm tonight but doesn't sound like it's going to be super cold.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
PattySh said:
Best wishes for a safe delivery for east coast babies. Calling for a big snowstorm tonight but doesn't sound like it's going to be super cold.
We're only supposed to get 1-2 inches if that here in Ohio, so even if Daisy kids tonight I won't have to trek through a lot of snow to get to the barn. Thank goodness.

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Any news????????????? Hopefully Good News!!!!!!! Did you have to go to the vet?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
We're still waiting on the diva to kid. I'm giving her until Monday before I call the vet.

Her udder is bigger today :D Twice the size it was yesterday!

Her ligs are also loosening up - not gone, just loose where they were firm yesterday.

She's also spending a lot of time under the heat lamp, heavy breathing and looking into space.

So I'm pretty confident that she'll go this weekend at some point (oh shoot! did I just say that out loud!?) :gig

Bear with us a little longer and keep your fingers crossed that all goes well this weekend and we don't have to call in the vet :fl

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Tell that girl to GET GOING! I have had 2 births in the last 2 days. I'm hoping no more because my 3 kidding stalls are now FULL. I have one more girl that I'm not positive on a due date but I noticed that I had written down that she was bred on 9/14/10 so I'm hoping that was the breeding that took and I have some time.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Update:
(at feeding time this afternoon)

Daisy is very very open (dilated).
Her ligs are super loose.
Her tailhead is high and bunched up (hope that makes sense)
She's doing a lot of stretching and putting her front legs up on things and standing like that (something she never does normally).
Lots of heavy breathing.
Not much interest in feed or hay - just some nibbling.

:fl :fl :fl :fl :fl :fl

She better go very soon or I might lose my mind.
I've been to the barn so many times in the middle of the night to check that I was just so dead tired last night that I...
picked up my cell phone at 3 am to call my husband to find out where he was at...he was in the bed beside me when I called