Honaker Farm Kidding Watch: Daisy - KIDDED pg 19

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yay!!!!! GO DAISY!!!!! Funny story!!!! I'm thinking pink for you!!!! :lol: Be sure to take LOTS of pictures when she kids!!!!!

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
elevan said:
She better go very soon or I might lose my mind.
I've been to the barn so many times in the middle of the night to check that I was just so dead tired last night that I...
picked up my cell phone at 3 am to call my husband to find out where he was at...he was in the bed beside me when I called
Too funny! She's got you right where she wants you! Hope you get some sleep soon.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
julieq said:
elevan said:
She better go very soon or I might lose my mind.
I've been to the barn so many times in the middle of the night to check that I was just so dead tired last night that I...
picked up my cell phone at 3 am to call my husband to find out where he was at...he was in the bed beside me when I called
Too funny! She's got you right where she wants you! Hope you get some sleep soon.
Yeah, I must have been in a dream state when I did that cause when he asked, "What the heck are YOU calling me for?!" I about jumped through the roof.

He usually gets home at 1am and I didn't even know he came home...didn't even know he was in the bed beside me (and it's a full size bed) :idunno

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Ok- Daisy is having contractions. They seem to be pretty far apart though.
She's going through cycles of contraction - sleep - get up - stretch - pee - poo - contraction - sleep - get up - eat a little - rest - contraction...

That whole cycle takes her about an hour...she's repeated it three times know. Yep, I've been sitting freezing my rump off for the past 3 hours.

Please tell me it's gonna be soon! I came in to warm up and post this - she'll probably go ahead and kid while I'm inside.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Put on your heavy socks and your Michelin man outfit! I'll check in on you in the morning! :D

AkTomboy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:caf layer up, snuggle with the heat lamp until the lil ones are born :D

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good luck!

Hopefully she's not playing with you...I've got a doe who's had me out in her pen all night three or four times now...she LOOKS just like she's having contractions, she's pawing, grunting, breathing hard, peeing constantly, and every few minutes sort of hunches up and holds her breath, and I take a chair and book out thinking this is it...and by morning she's happy and ready for breakfast. :rolleyes: I just went to check on my Gracee and she's doing it again. She was due yesterday. She's probably going to kid the one night I don't believe her "act" and decide to sleep instead. Actually, that's what she did last year.

Hopefully you (and me too!) have kids in the next 24 hours!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
My DH is taking a few hours in the cold since he's home from work now.

No kids yet. She's still working that cycle I mentioned before...with the addition of smelling her pee after she does it.

Time for me to get some sleep to relieve my DH in 2 hours (that's about the limit to stay out in this cold even with multiple layers and hot packs and heat lamps)