Kidding Thread *NEW PICS ADDED 6/12*

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Are we taking a our first tinkle? yes we are... did mommy get it on camera? yes she did... :lol:
tinkle.jpg

doe #1 Chocolate dark buckskin!! Absolutely CLONED her sire's head. I'll post a pic of him as a kid- aside from the color (and the anatomy) it could be the same kid!
doe1.jpg

Doe #2 black with frosting and blue eyes! Apparently cloned her maternal grand dam!!
doe2.jpg

Gabby goat and her first kids ever!
gabbyandgirls1.jpg

:weee :celebrate :weee

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
OH Heavens to Betsy....!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWW

I could not be happier for you! That dark buckskin is phenomenal...can't wait to see what color she is when she dries all the way out!

GREAT JOB Gabby!

:love

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If I'm lucky ALL our kiddings will be that easy. I've been checking on her all day and she's been quiet as a mouse. She started having contractions, but she wasn't pushing so I came back inside. I got inside, flipped on the baby monitor and heard her yelling! I rushed back to the barn, open the stall door, and there was a head hanging out the back of her already! :lol: By the time I shut the door and got my hands on the kid she gave one big push and it was out. I yell for DH, he rushes out only to see a kid already on the ground. Not even 5 minutes later before I've even had a chance to get the goo off of kid #1, DH goes, "oh god!" and I look up just in time to see kid #2 literally FALL out of Gabby. Then Gabby's looks around like, "where's my grain?" and starts eating. :lol: I had to pull her over and show her that she'd just birthed a couple babies.

Whew!! :D

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
Then Gabby's looks around like, "where's my grain?" and starts eating. :lol: I had to pull her over and show her that she'd just birthed a couple babies.
:yuckyuck

Is that normal for a first timer?

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
helmstead said:
Hehehe! FFs are too funny! It wasn't just a big poop, Gabs!
ROTF! :lol:

Ok, now that they're drying off you can see the difference in color between the black and chocolate. And she's got more buckskin coloration than I initially thought!

gabbytwins1.jpg