Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mocha kidded. I thought she was looking close last night but she still had ligaments. She went this morning around 10:00.

Boy and a girl. Of course she had them in the dirt so they are all muddy. They were working on standing up when I left.

1751_mocha_and_babies.jpg

Here are P and her babies today. They are bouncing all over the place.

1751_p_babies_playing.jpg

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I can't help it, but it just makes me think of Pass the Peas, please. And of course some Turkey and Gravey. And I love Mocha flavoring for my coffee.

:D

Roxy's momma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Very cute kids! Makes me want a doe or three just for the cute little kids.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We lost Mocha's boy. I may put the story on my journal but I don't want to dwell on unplesantness here.

The next seven can go anytime after tomorrow through mid January.

Doeling has lots of goo.

Ginger is very fat and is nesting.

Mama is fat and getting fiesty.

Yougurt- no signs yet but a round belly. She had better have twins and raise them herself. She rejected her single boy the first year, rasied her single boy last year but that is two strikes.

Elf and Brownie don't look bred. I am planning on having the vet out with the ultrasound at the end of December if they don't kid by then.

Cleo is always big and never lets me near her. She was with the buck for three months because I couldn't catch her to get her out. It will be a surprise when it happens.

Nilla was supposed to be bred but she came into heat a few weeks ago.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mama was keeping her distance from the herd last night. She had goo and is walking funny........ 145 days from the first day she was in with the buck is today.

Lying down with everyone chewing her cud this morning.

New babies have discovered the warming barrel.

I let Mocha out yesterday and she enjoyed her day. Her baby doesn't seem to have left the stall but she was fat and happy last night. This morning Mocha and her baby were sharing thier light with P and her babies.

It is supposed to get into the 50's this weekend.

This is going to be a long ride..........

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
When is Nissan due?

Sorry 'bout the lost boy. We may have to put one of Patch's boys down, he's got really wonky legs and I'm not going to brace them forever. It's hard.