Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
When is Nissan due?

Sorry 'bout the lost boy. We may have to put one of Patch's boys down, he's got really wonky legs and I'm not going to brace them forever. It's hard.
Sorry about the baby, those are the hardest decisions.

Nissan was in with Bullet from 9/3 to 10/28. End of January at the earliest. I never saw her bred. She is fat, but not poofy sides fat. No udder yet but she didn't get one until the last minute last year.

She is out in the front field right now and will be moved into the "barn field" closest to the house after the holidays. Rusty keeps getting her head stuck in the fence. :rant

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is gettign drippy and Ginger's udder si starting to grow. Some of the others are too hairy back there for me to see and they are getting sick of me feeling them up. The weatehr has been in the 40's at night to 60's in the day but a cold front is coming in. This may be what they are waiting for.

chels24

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
When is Nissan due?

Sorry 'bout the lost boy. We may have to put one of Patch's boys down, he's got really wonky legs and I'm not going to brace them forever. It's hard.
Rolls, have you tried cutting the tip off of a Vit. E capsule and squirting it in him mouth? I had a boy last year that wasn't walking on his back legs and after bracing didn't work Coni Ross suggested giving him the capsule twice a day. Within a couple days he was standing and walking on his own. He never had problems after that

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ginger was nesting this morning and her ligs are soft. She always has big kids and she looks like she is about to bust!

I really want a polled doeling to keep out of her. She is also on the "one more single and you go bye bye" list.

So lets all hope for 2 kids, at least one doe. :fl She makes wonderful 4-H kids so the other being a boy is fine. Her being polled opens up my market for 4-H kids.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:pop :fl girl and :pop :fl boy and :pop :fl another girl or boy. If you are going to wish, wish big. :D

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Ginger was nesting this morning and her ligs are soft. She always has big kids and she looks like she is about to bust!

I really want a polled doeling to keep out of her. She is also on the "one more single and you go bye bye" list.

So lets all hope for 2 kids, at least one doe. :fl She makes wonderful 4-H kids so the other being a boy is fine. Her being polled opens up my market for 4-H kids.
Is this a Boer doe? Sorry :hide

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
jodief100 said:

Is this a Boer doe? Sorry :hide
Ginger is a Spanish/Kiko cross. She is a big girl and makes big kids. She is bred to a Boer buck. My avitar picture is one of her boys from last year at 4 days old.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
FahrendorfFarms said:
these girls need to go ahead and pop so i can reserve my doe kids
Ginger and Yogurt were both hiding in the stall this morning. Ginger is getting close, Yogurt is driving me nuts- lots of goop, no additional udder growth.

I bet Mama goes first- just becasue she isn't showing any signs yet and I am watching these two.