Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Straw Hat Kikos said:
jodief100 said:
Ginger was nesting this morning and her ligs are soft. She always has big kids and she looks like she is about to bust!

I really want a polled doeling to keep out of her. She is also on the "one more single and you go bye bye" list.

So lets all hope for 2 kids, at least one doe. :fl She makes wonderful 4-H kids so the other being a boy is fine. Her being polled opens up my market for 4-H kids.
Is this a Boer doe? Sorry :hide
Ginger is a Spanish/Kiko cross. She is a big girl and makes big kids. She is bred to a Boer buck. My avitar picture is one of her boys from last year at 4 days old.
So the kids are shown in the Boer cross category, right?

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
jodief100 said:
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Is this a Boer doe? Sorry :hide
Ginger is a Spanish/Kiko cross. She is a big girl and makes big kids. She is bred to a Boer buck. My avitar picture is one of her boys from last year at 4 days old.
Most of the fairs here do not differentiate breeds in the meat goat catagory. A meat goat is a meat goat. Though most people call any meat goat a "boer" :rant

I find the more urban counties to be great places for selling 4-H kids. Lots of "Hobby Farm" kids with lots of money and not a lot of land. :plbb

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The goats are driving me bonkers. :he

Yogurt is so open I thought the chickens were going to fly out of there this morning.

Mama is walking around stiff legged and making mooing noises.

Doeling is so goopy she is making puddles.

First winter weather, everything frozen, bad winds, I had to leave and............ Still no babies. :barnie

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Ginger was nesting this morning and her ligs are soft. She always has big kids and she looks like she is about to bust!

I really want a polled doeling to keep out of her. She is also on the "one more single and you go bye bye" list.

So lets all hope for 2 kids, at least one doe. :fl She makes wonderful 4-H kids so the other being a boy is fine. Her being polled opens up my market for 4-H kids.
We have a polled wether and it's awesome. Our neighbor actually breeds for polled, so we are lucky there. Last year she got 4 polled does, 1 polled boy (ours), then 2 does and one buck with horns. Pretty good, IMO. She never breeds two polled animals, either. Other than our wether we have two registered dairy goats and I'm thinking that when we breed our ND (in 12-18 months) we might try to find a polled buck around somewhere- polled babies would be so nice! I know there's a breeder up north of us that has polled babies, so hopefully that means she has a nice polled buck or two! I'm already dreading having to disbud our LaMancha babies next year.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Straw Hat Kikos said:
jodief100 said:
Most of the fairs here do not differentiate breeds in the meat goat catagory. A meat goat is a meat goat. Though most people call any meat goat a "boer" :rant

I find the more urban counties to be great places for selling 4-H kids. Lots of "Hobby Farm" kids with lots of money and not a lot of land. :plbb
Same here, in the 4H/FFA meat Goat show, they can technically be any breed, as long as they are under 1 year of age(still have milk teeth) and between 60 and 120 lbs. Most of the kids are showing boer or a Boer cross that looks mostly boer, but I have seen Alpines, nubians ect... being shown. Ofcourse, an Alpine doe is going to stand at the bottom of the class or very close to it, but sometimes it isn't all about winning.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Elf is growing an udder. Maybe she is bred after all.

Ginger's ligs are still loose.

Doeling is still goopy.

Yogurt is still very open.

It is snowing........ maybe soon? :hu

I hope to have the vet out for Ultrasounds in the next few weeks.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ginger lost her plug last night and her udder is strutted. I was suprised she hadn't kidded by this morning. :hu I think no more than 24 hours. Or it could be in three weeks. :he

:barnie

Latest posts