~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I hope that all the critters will be safe in the barn overnight. Just had a pack of coyote go though yowling up a storm. *shudders* I hope the entire pack gets wiped out by something big and heavy... like a Mack Truck!
Yiick! I hate those vile, disgusting canine vermin!!!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
I hope that all the critters will be safe in the barn overnight. Just had a pack of coyote go though yowling up a storm. *shudders* I hope the entire pack gets wiped out by something big and heavy... like a Mack Truck!
Some say that they have a sense of when goats or sheep are about to give birth...if it were me, I'd be checking the barn constantly tonight...

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
Livinwright Farm said:
Some say that they have a sense of when goats or sheep are about to give birth...if it were me, I'd be checking the barn constantly tonight...
I will be, by way of the tv monitor. If it looks/sounds like she or Maude is starting labor, then I will go out there.
Until I have the new 22, I don't go outside by myself. Too many BIG predators around here(Bear, Wolf, Mountain Lion) to go outside alone.

PJisaMom

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
Until I have the new 22, I don't go outside by myself. Too many BIG predators around here(Bear, Wolf, Mountain Lion) to go outside alone.
Might I suggest a larger caliber weapon if you're facing down the BIG predators? .38 at the minimum? ;) Mine's pink. (So is my .22... but my .32 auto has pearl grips... and then... oh heck... it'll take too long to list them all here... ;) )

Good luck! Been waiting for Cali news!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
PJisaMom said:
Livinwright Farm said:
Might I suggest a larger caliber weapon if you're facing down the BIG predators? .38 at the minimum? ;) Mine's pink. (So is my .22... but my .32 auto has pearl grips... and then... oh heck... it'll take too long to list them all here... ;) )

Good luck! Been waiting for Cali news!
This is capable of taking down the coyote & wolf
http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22/index.html

We are also looking at BEAR rifles/shotguns. Something heavy duty that will take down the black bear and mountain lions with a single shot, without causing too much of a kick(no black eyes here)

About Cali: So am I... :rolleyes: I think she is going to wait until after Maude kids, which will force me to bring her to the vet, and on the way to the vet is when she will go into labor.... all to make me go cookoo.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Cali is starting to walk heavier... like her cargo is just about an unbearabe load. Still no goo... :barnie my sanity is wearing thin with this little girl. Her girth is now equal to if not more than Momma's.

Maude's teats are starting to get that rosey pink color back(like how they were while she was nursing), but her udder hasn't really started refilling yet... at least not that I can tell. I noticed today that her vulva has disappeared. Yes, you read that right, it has disappeared. her back end is completely flush. Seems odd, but then again, this is all new to me.

I think Momma lost the pregnancy from the early November breeding... not exactly sure when, but I never saw a fetus... so I am guessing that it was fairly early on. If she is pregnant now, it is more than likely only a couple months along... She was acting like she was in heat back in February, and she let Marly mount her.... so, if she is preggers... she should be kidding sometime in early to mid July. We shall see.

St0rmyM00n

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
Cali is starting to walk heavier... like her cargo is just about an unbearabe load. Still no goo... :barnie my sanity is wearing thin with this little girl. Her girth is now equal to if not more than Momma's.

Maude's teats are starting to get that rosey pink color back(like how they were while she was nursing), but her udder hasn't really started refilling yet... at least not that I can tell. I noticed today that her vulva has disappeared. Yes, you read that right, it has disappeared. her back end is completely flush. Seems odd, but then again, this is all new to me.

I think Momma lost the pregnancy from the early November breeding... not exactly sure when, but I never saw a fetus... so I am guessing that it was fairly early on. If she is pregnant now, it is more than likely only a couple months along... She was acting like she was in heat back in February, and she let Marly mount her.... so, if she is preggers... she should be kidding sometime in early to mid July. We shall see.
I feel your pain, I wish these girls would get busy if they are going to do something. I didn't go any where today cause I was afraid to leave Malina alone. I updated some pictures on her thread if you want to see.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
St0rmyM00n said:
Livinwright Farm said:

I feel your pain, I wish these girls would get busy if they are going to do something. I didn't go any where today cause I was afraid to leave Malina alone. I updated some pictures on her thread if you want to see.
I saw the ones of her pretending to be a human. :) Love it when Maude does that for treats!

St0rmyM00n

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
St0rmyM00n said:
Livinwright Farm said:

I saw the ones of her pretending to be a human. :) Love it when Maude does that for treats!
I haven't tried giving Malina any treats, what do you offer for treats?