~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
St0rmyM00n said:
Livinwright Farm said:
St0rmyM00n said:
I feel your pain, I wish these girls would get busy if they are going to do something. I didn't go any where today cause I was afraid to leave Malina alone. I updated some pictures on her thread if you want to see.
I saw the ones of her pretending to be a human. :) Love it when Maude does that for treats!
I haven't tried giving Malina any treats, what do you offer for treats?
Chunks of apple, grapes, tomatoes, carrot, potato peelings, fresh green beans, various types of pea pods, lettuce, chard, and cabbage leaves, chunks of pear, chunks of melon, leaves from corn husks.... anything that I can hold in my hand. :D ;)

St0rmyM00n

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
St0rmyM00n said:
Livinwright Farm said:
I saw the ones of her pretending to be a human. :) Love it when Maude does that for treats!
I haven't tried giving Malina any treats, what do you offer for treats?
Chunks of apple, grapes, tomatoes, carrot, potato peelings, fresh green beans, various types of pea pods, lettuce, chard, and cabbage leaves, chunks of pear, chunks of melon, leaves from corn husks.... anything that I can hold in my hand. :D ;)
I will have to try those with her thanks :)

RabbleRoost Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The secret magical weapon of choice around here is RAISINS!!
Even the rabbits go wild over them. The goats will practically strangle themselves for the sweet little things, which means they'll follow you practically anywhere if you put the raisins in a plastic jar or something and shake it to get their attention... ;)

It's a little Pied Piper-ish.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Duck Keeper said:
Even the rabbits go wild over them. The goats will practically strangle themselves for the sweet little things, which means they'll follow you practically anywhere if you put the raisins in a plastic jar or something and shake it to get their attention... ;)

Someone suggested raisins for my goats too...but they won't touch them :rolleyes: even if you shove them in their mouth so they can taste they just spit them out. Hand them a dried out leaf though and they go crazy...go figure.

RabbleRoost Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
elevan said:
Duck Keeper said:

Someone suggested raisins for my goats too...but they won't touch them :rolleyes: even if you shove them in their mouth so they can taste they just spit them out. Hand them a dried out leaf though and they go crazy...go figure.
Hmmmmm... You have finicky goats. :lol:
I'll admit that it took a bit of training for a couple of my rabbits to figure out that they were something to like and get excited about - maybe you need to keep shoving them into the goat's mouths! Lol, just kidding. :p
I figured since they were sweet that most animals liked them, who knew? And I totally understand the dried up leaf thing, mine go crazy over the crispy things too. The first time I saw them willingly go after the dried up junk I wondered what was wrong with them to even WANT that stuff! I had been picking dead leaves off of stalks and things and discarding them before giving them as treats. :rolleyes:

Edit: You know what? My goats HATED Nutri-Drench at first too until I taught them that the pump meant a shot of molasses flavored stuff. Now they freak out over that too. Training might actually work..?

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
RabbleRoost Farm said:
elevan said:
Duck Keeper said:

Hmmmmm... You have finicky goats. :lol:
I'll admit that it took a bit of training for a couple of my rabbits to figure out that they were something to like and get excited about - maybe you need to keep shoving them into the goat's mouths! Lol, just kidding. :p
I figured since they were sweet that most animals liked them, who knew? And I totally understand the dried up leaf thing, mine go crazy over the crispy things too. The first time I saw them willingly go after the dried up junk I wondered what was wrong with them to even WANT that stuff! I had been picking dead leaves off of stalks and things and discarding them before giving them as treats. :rolleyes:

Edit: You know what? My goats HATED Nutri-Drench at first too until I taught them that the pump meant a shot of molasses flavored stuff. Now they freak out over that too. Training might actually work..?
My goats prefer a pretty equal balance of tastes: sweet & tart, dried & juicy...
Basically, if they are fed as if they were my compost bin, they are VERY happy! :D

RabbleRoost Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ha, pretty much. :lol:
Oooh, that's a nice *insert food stuff* in your hand, why don't you let me taste test that for you?

Goats seem to be addicted to the crispy crinkly wrappers of things. They figure out it hides food pretty quick I guess. :p

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
RabbleRoost Farm said:
Ha, pretty much. :lol:
Oooh, that's a nice *insert food stuff* in your hand, why don't you let me taste test that for you?

Goats seem to be addicted to the crispy crinkly wrappers of things. They figure out it hides food pretty quick I guess. :p
We call the dried leaves "goat chips"... you (goat) can't eat just one!

I must have weird goats cause they ignore wrappers too.

Although last summer I sat on a bench and unwrapped a sandwich to eat and the horse snuck up behind me and stole it right outta my hands!! :rant She ate it roast beef and all! Ticked me off something fierce :somad