~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I had one last year that was stretching and pawing but no goo at all. I figured I had at least another couple days. She kidded 4 hours later while I was gone to the city. Doe code at it's finest... :rolleyes:

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
Looks like you're probably gonna get a baby goat(s) for Mother's Day :D
I sure hope so!!

Also, Maude doesn't usually paw at the ground before laying down(she was doing this every time she went to lay down this afternoon), she is pregnant, and should have been due the same time as Cali... her udder isn't doing much in the way of building yet... BUT I didn't get to see how/when she started building with her FF... for all I know she normally goes late and doesn't bag up until the is right about to kid or just after... :rolleyes:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
elevan said:
Looks like you're probably gonna get a baby goat(s) for Mother's Day :D
I sure hope so!!

Also, Maude doesn't usually paw at the ground before laying down(she was doing this every time she went to lay down this afternoon), she is pregnant, and should have been due the same time as Cali... her udder isn't doing much in the way of building yet... BUT I didn't get to see how/when she started building with her FF... for all I know she normally goes late and doesn't bag up until the is right about to kid or just after... :rolleyes:
Lilly literally built and filled her udder 12 hours prior to giving birth to Maggie...

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
n.smithurmond said:
Livinwright Farm said:
Well folks, looks like Cali is setting up to go either tonight or tomorrow night.
Her teats are plump & shiny, her udder(though small) is quite stretched(not really shiny, but I see more skin than hair), her eyes have that disoriented/sick/tired look, she pants a lot when she lays down, she lays down a lot more often, and she is picking the thickest/fluffiest spot to lay down.
:fl :fl :fl
My last doe did that for a week!
okay, haven't you ever heard, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? :smack :lol:
;)

Don't worry, the doe code has fooled us all!

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Livingwright Farms, check the buy/sell posting, my daughter brought home an "extra" nigerian buckling today!! He has horns and is cheap!

Hoping you are in hte barn delivering kids!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
PattySh said:
Livingwright Farms, check the buy/sell posting, my daughter brought home an "extra" nigerian buckling today!! He has horns and is cheap!

Hoping you are in hte barn delivering kids!
I posted on your BST posting... wish we had room for 1 more buckling right now, but we just picked up chubbydog811(Sarah)'s Nigigora(or Pygora) buck.

I wish I was out watching babies being born... nothing yet... I am starting to really worry for her, but she seems fine... if she at all starts to look off or gets a high temp, we will drive her to the closest livestock vet and pay the piper.

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Glad you found a little buck. I thought of you today when we bought this little herd because they was an "extra" buckling. Your buck is adorable, glad you were able to find one. We'll find a home for this little guy, he's awfully cute.

Latest posts