Mountain lion help please.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I use my .22 on coyotes and all the other little not wanted critters around here!
I always keep a full clip and I don't stop pulling the trigger until it stops moving!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
I use my .22 on coyotes and all the other little not wanted critters around here!
I always keep a full clip and I don't stop pulling the trigger until it stops moving!
I like the .22 (pistol) too but, wouldn't use it on something like a cougar, wolf, etc.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
I like the .22 (pistol) too but, wouldn't use it on something like a cougar, wolf, etc.
I can't hit anything with a pistol!

In this state it is legal to use a .22 caliber centerfire on cougar.
I think it all boils down to shot placement and what you are comfortable using. If I saw one out here right now, it would be a toss up between my .22 or my 30/30.
My 10/22 holds 10 rounds, 30/30 only holds 1?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm a better shot with a pistol. I spent one summer picking goofers out of the south lawn with it. DH didn't believe me because the bodies kept disappearing before he got home. So one weekend I showed him and then he saw the bodies disappear--the cats of course.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
I'm a better shot with a pistol. I spent one summer picking goofers out of the south lawn with it. DH didn't believe me because the bodies kept disappearing before he got home. So one weekend I showed him and then he saw the bodies disappear--the cats of course.
That's good Kitty!

If I was to tell Hubby I was shooting anything with a pistol, he would laugh at me!
It does not help that when I try to pratice, my gun happy dogs feel the need to check the target after EVERY shot!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
That's good Kitty!

If I was to tell Hubby I was shooting anything with a pistol, he would laugh at me!
It does not help that when I try to pratice, my gun happy dogs feel the need to check the target after EVERY shot!
Lock them up when your practicing. If it were me I'd be afraid one would jump the gun and get shot.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
That's good Kitty!

Lock them up when your practicing. If it were me I'd be afraid one would jump the gun and get shot.
If I lock them up, they get so excited, they don't shut up!
They know to stay in the yard, so they sit, shake and whine, until we say go!
If we are shooting rifles, a few runs to the taget starts wearing them out! Pistol practice, just don't burn enough energy!

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
houndit said:
I have a 30 ot 6
Much better!! I would recommend atleast that, haha, a .22 around here rarely kills groundhogs. Atleast I usually have my trusty pup along, she does a great job.