Mucas plug frustration!!**UPDATED PICS**

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
She's probably fine. If she's eatin', poopin', peein', etc. ok....then it's just DOE CODE.
I agree. You will know if she isn't feeling well.

Blue Dog Farms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well in the mean time Im looking at every little thing she does. Im inspecting her bag and hoo hoo several times a day. And today, shes acting a little weird! Yes, she went out to the back pasture and she never does that, doesnt that mean something. I need a job! :lol: :pop :pop :pop And please think pink, blue eyes and lots of color ;)

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Blue Dog Farms said:
Well in the mean time Im looking at every little thing she does. Im inspecting her bag and hoo hoo several times a day. And today, shes acting a little weird! Yes, she went out to the back pasture and she never does that, doesnt that mean something. I need a job! :lol: :pop :pop :pop And please think pink, blue eyes and lots of color ;)
I think that means it is a nice warm day and she wants to go out and graze. :D

I do see your point, she could be isolating herself and getting ready to kid. I am just picking on you. I do the same thing. Drives my husband crazy. He is the kind of person that says, they are in labor, when the first kid is on the ground.

mama24

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Don't use the mucous plug as a sign of imminent labor! I'm sure it's the same for goats as it is for people. Most women lose their mucous plugs while in labor or just before, but some can lose it weeks or even months before the baby is born! I was 3cm dialated and lost my plug with my 2nd child when I was 7mos pregnant! He was born on time, too, so I went another 2 months!

dhansen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The ONLY assign I really trust is the super hard, very full udder. All the other signs have teased me and driven me nuts! Usually I will see a string of goo, that goes along with it.
Grrrr...goats can make you little nuts!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
dhansen said:
The ONLY assign I really trust is the super hard, very full udder. All the other signs have teased me and driven me nuts! Usually I will see a string of goo, that goes along with it.
No, no, no. It's not nuts. It's G.A.S. You are perfectly sane. Yes, that's it. SANE I TELL YOU.

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
dhansen said:
No, no, no. It's not nuts. It's G.A.S. You are perfectly sane. Yes, that's it. SANE I TELL YOU.
Can you please tell me I'm sane too? So as maybe I can start to believe it ;)

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
that's*satyrical said:
Queen Mum said:
dhansen said:
Can you please tell me I'm sane too? So as maybe I can start to believe it ;)
There there, you ARE SANE. Yes, you are sane. Those voices you are hearing telling you to feed them every 15 minutes? Those are goat voices. They are real. Goats do that. It's normal.

Blue Dog Farms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Apple has decided to stay pregnant forever. She likes the special treatment, sleeping in the warm cozey kidding stall, her own grain, free run of the property. Shes enjoying my extra attention so shes just not going to kid. She softens her ligs just to get me going and her bag gets bigger every time I look at her. She even went as far as to not finish her dinner the other night, uhh huh. Today, she looks dropped, but Im not biting! Ok maybe a little. Her business looks a little open too, but Im sure she just pee'd or something. Am I crazy enough yet???? She could make us some money giving other does classes on the doe code!
:lol:

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Blue Dog Farms said:
Apple has decided to stay pregnant forever. She likes the special treatment, sleeping in the warm cozey kidding stall, her own grain, free run of the property. Shes enjoying my extra attention so shes just not going to kid. She softens her ligs just to get me going and her bag gets bigger every time I look at her. She even went as far as to not finish her dinner the other night, uhh huh. Today, she looks dropped, but Im not biting! Ok maybe a little. Her business looks a little open too, but Im sure she just pee'd or something. Am I crazy enough yet???? She could make us some money giving other does classes on the doe code!
:lol:
You are still speaking in coherent sentences, so you are not quite there yet. I predict 2 more days should have you pulling your hair out and sitting in a corner mumbling.....that will be about right timing for her. ;)

Latest posts