Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
There is one puppy that is actually black with white fur. It is really odd. He has black fur underneath his white fur. So he looks grey. But he has white spots and black spots. He is twice as big as Lady. They are all really cute though.

My goodness they are growing very fast. They were all eating out of one bottle just a couple days ago and now I am feeding two puppies per bottle.

One of them has her eyes open. It seems kind of early for that.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Alice Acres said:
I hope your little girl pup keeps fighting!
Thanks Alice Acres. I think she will be OK. Her nose is finally cold which means her fever broke. She will be on antibiotics for 9 more days, but she seems much better. I will say lots of puppy prayers though.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I am pretty sure she is almost out of the woods. She woke up today and ate and has been acting fussy all morning. I made her a little pouch so I could carry her around under my shirt to keep warm. She ate a bunch this morning and a little in the middle of the night. She's still a little dehydrated but went potty when I washed her bottom.

Bow is jealous of her. Very jealous. He wants the attention.

Someone gave me about 10 pie pumpkins for the goats, but they were too good to just throw over the fence, so I rendered them down and canned pumpkin. It seems the goats like cooked pumkin skins way better than raw. They gobbled them right up. NOM NOM. Along with the seeds and any left over cooked pumpkin.

I made about 8 quarts of delicious pie pumpkin. I added the spices before canning so I don't have to do it when I make pies.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I worked at the Care For Animals Spay/Neuter Clinic today. This is a clinic for people with low incomes and for spays and neuters on feral animals. They spay or neuter the dog or cat for $25 or free depending on circumstances, give the animal a rabies shot, check for fleas, ears and general health. It is a great service to the community.

It was a wonderful experience. There were plenty of volunteers. The veterinarians were wonderful and stood for hours doing animal after animal. They were kind and gentle with the animals and very caring.

I had a great time as well as the people who work there are respectful and very kind.

PUPDATE:

Lady is struggling mightily and may not make it, but she is still hanging in there. The other four puppies are thriving. So far, I have named two of the other four. One of them is Casper. He has no voice and a completely white face. The other is Olivia. She is totally hyperactive.

No names yet for the other two.

Burrs and a Siberian Husky! What a nightmare. I took out almost two hundred and that doesn't include her tail feathers. OUCH my aching fingertips. I don't know where she hid them all. But she was very patient while I removed them from her very furry coat. I will tackle her tail tomorrow. My goodness!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Little Lady passed away last night as Pneumonia took it's toll. I wished I had a way to quickly euthanize her so she didn't have to suffer so. Pneumonia when it is fast is merciful, but this was a slow and agonizing way for a small baby to die. It was painful to watch as she struggled to hang on. The antibiotics just didn't do their job. I did make her as comfortable as possible and she seemed to know that.

The other four are doing fine and seem to be thriving. Fingers crossed. But if any of them get pneumonia the way she did I will take them to the vet and have them put down immediately. I can't bear to watch another baby suffer like that.

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh no I'm so sorry Queen Mum :hugs I hope the others stay healthy and strong. Poor little baby. :hit

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Pupdate: Four happy little puppies this afternoon. They were standing on all fours when I came home from church. And one of them crawled up my pants leg while I was feeding her brother. Of course, it was Olivia! She is SO hyperactive. She got all the way up to the knee and then got stuck. I had to stand up and shake her out. She was very upset that I didn't let her get the rest of the way up.

My goodness but they are ravenous. They eat until they look like little balloons with legs. Then they lay around and burp puppy burps.

The goats aren't happy because I have been keeping them in from browsing on Sundays. (Too much to do.) Houdini has been working on a way to get out of the main paddock. He hasn't quite figured it out yet.

Latest posts