Roll Farms - Herdstock is over, and I'm feeling hung over, lol

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If I remember right you make your ice cream without using eggs??? If so could you pretty please tell me how you do it or the measurements and ingredients you use. :fl I tried to find it on here but didn't have any luck.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
1 pint store-bought heavy cream (or goat cream if you have it ....)
2.5 pints goat milk
2 T vanilla
1 c sugar

That's exactly what will fit in my ice cream maker, you may have to tweak it.

:D

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Mo's Palaminos picked Freeney up tonight. :hit

I know he's going to a good home but....I'm sure gonna miss him. He was such a well-behaved gentleman buck.

Freeney812.jpg

In other news, DH is scrambling around trying to fix EVERYTHING that's needed fixing ASAP for herdstock. We're fixing the driveway chain link that's been busted for almost 2 yrs tomorrow. He fixed some broken kitchen drawers tonight.

I saved my spring cleaning to do before herdstock so I've been doing that this week. The back half of the house is done, now just gotta do the kitchen and living room.

Then *I* have some 'fixing up' to do in the barns.

Just 3 more weeks!

If you're coming, please post how many people and what you're bringing so we can plan.

Thanks!

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I'm having a busy / fun week....except for the housework.

Work / Colts training camp yesterday, (and I got sweated on by a punter AND a kicker after practice...with pics and autographs)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151138575385100.492736.746550099&type=1&l=fb9b3c57c0

dinner tonight w/ a friend I havent spent time with in years, work tomorrow, and customers coming Friday. Then Saturday we're taking the red jeep to a car show, hoping to get another trophy for DH to add to his collection....that'll make a whole 2. :p

Today I'm taking all the kitchen bric-a-brac down and washing / dusting / polishing it. I love, LOVE, love blue glass but it sure does collect the dust / grease from cooking.

It's looking like we won't get to clean out the stalls in the barns before herdstock. We're getting pretty regular rain these days....it takes 2-3 wks of dry weather for DH to get into them w/ the bobcat. Figures, we shoulda done it back in July....usually it's dry in August. Crazy weather.

Penny, my 5 yr old Ob who's been fresh since April of 11, is being dried off and in w/ Tiger, the 5 mo. old Ob buckling. He's about 1/2 her size but he's doing a good job of telling her he WILL be boss. She's the herd queen so she's not digging it much.

I'm whittling away at my 'things to do before Herdstock' list....

DD got into Morehead University in KY. I got her a laptop....did a lot of research on which ones do what.....now I want one. Hoping Santa remembers I've been a good girl.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Well.......my house is clean. Spotless in fact. Floors to ceiling, every room. *happy dance*

Finished it yesterday, and cleaned some stuff in the barn, too. I was covered in cobwebs....and dead flies. *shudder*

Tomorrow I'm cleaning the porch.

Weds. the gator. Gotta take MIL to the dr. Weds. too.

Then my 'to do' list for Herdstock will be pretty much done. *whew* Other than cut up veggies and patty the burgers....bit early to do that yet. :lol:

We're thinking we'll leave the house dogs locked up in the chick room during herdstock, to keep them from getting accidently turned loose when someone comes in or out.

It hit me that we're not much more than 2.5 mos. away from kidding season, too. Where did the summer go????

redtailgal

Reaction score
Your working so hard to get things ready for Herdstock! :hugs

I appreciate what you are doing!

Mo's palominos

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Freeney is doing great ! He runs the farm now! Which Hoosier DOES NOT appreciate.
They had a huge scuffle over who the top goat is. Freeney won. He even let the LGD know he's the new sherriff in town!

Latest posts