Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Now why the heck did I think OK?

Allll this time I'da swore you were in OK. whoopsie. :hide

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
autumprairie, what is your route to herdstock? when are you leaving and returning? i would like to go, but doen't seem like anyone from here is going, and i don't think i can afford the gas in my truck. if you are traveling close to me, i would like to maybe hitch a ride, help with gas and driving.(told hubby i was not going, but....)

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I am soooo ready for Herdstock. I want the week to fly by but it'll probably crawl. :/

I have made a 'to do' list for every day next week so I can keep myself busy.

Today we have a visiting doe leaving that's been here getting bred. Then DH and I are going to my MIL's to cut up some fallen tree limbs so he can mow easier tomorrow.
THEN....football this afternoon. :D
Tomorrow 6 guineas I sold this spring are coming home....they want to wander to the neighbors and it's not working out. Gotta find a buyer b/c I don't need them....

Hoping more people let me know if they're coming to Herdstock...I hate to tell people to plan / fix food / buy stuff for 25 and then have 50 show up.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Are guineas any easier than chickens? It sounds like they stick around most people's properties pretty well. I might be interested in some...lemme do some researching here to learn more about them.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
They wander like crazy.....stupid things. Even out into busy highways. This will be the 2nd batch I've bought back b/c they won't stay home.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Yeah, after I did some searching, I found several sites that said they get really home-driven and it is hard to get them to stop trying to find their way back.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
And they make the worst noise in the world. Sounds evil. lol And it's loud!!

I know someone who's guineas wouldn't stay in the yard and kept going to the neighbors house and waking them up every morning so he went and thru corn onto the highway and one by one they were all run over. lol

Latest posts