Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Slightly seweet too, along with the tang. my grandfather always had a jar of it with his lunch. We lived with my grandparents, and I remember seeing him at the kitchen table with his lunch prep spread out - bread, Durkees, meat, pickled herring sometimes. It's a good memory. He would offer me a sandwich. Always called me "Snickelfritz". He was born in Iowa, parents were German immigrants, he spoke German until he went to kindergarten. Very typical of immigrant families of the time.

He always fixed his own lunch because my grandmother played bridge! LOL

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I looked it up. It’s mayonnaise with mustard in it.
If it was in the Lincoln White House it is WAY over 100 years old, more like 160. They should update their ads.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well we spent 5 pages on mayonnaise and how miracle whip is not mayonnaise. LOL

I think Sentry got bit by a copperhead. The right side of his mouth and face are swelled up. It hurts if I touch his lip, pretty sure that’s where he got bit. I’ve given him Arnicare pain pill and baby aspirin. Tried to give him Benadryl for the swelling but he fought me on it and just would not have it. He’s finally sleeping , he’s going to be miserable for about a week.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope he gets better soon. Does he need anti-venom?
Not for a copperhead bite. I’ve never taken a dog to the vet for a copperhead bite. Or a cat. I had a cat come home one night with his head swelled up like a grapefruit. I made him a bed on my bed and he didn’t move for 3 days.
Rattlesnake bite, he’d probably be dead out in the field.

OH NO!! Are you able to get him to a vet today?
No i treatment copperhead bites myself.

Arnicare pills for pain, a children’s baby aspirin and Benadryl. Every 4 hours.

I did get some Benadryl in him. I put it on a little piece of bread, wadded it up and swiped it in bacon grease. The Benadryl helps with the swelling.

He has a mark on the side of his muzzle, he doesn’t want me to touch it. I pet him and talk to him. He appreciates the attention and licks me.