Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just gave him the Arnicare pill and baby aspirin. It’s hard to give him pills right now, so I put them in a little piece of bread and swiped it in bacon grease. I think I’ve hit on a good idea. In a couple of hours I’ll feed him when I feed the others, let him out on the field to potty and I’ll keep him inside tonight.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG @Baymule -- snakes are my biggest fear. We've only got the rattlers (and a few different varieties). I didn't realize that one could treat a copperhead bite on their own. Your the best, and the coolest head in a storm. Sentry is very lucky to have you. Prayers he comes through this with just a very healthy respect for the slitheries.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took his collar off, listened to his breathing to make sure the swelling didn’t close off his airway. He’s breathing fine. He ate all his supper and some of Buford’s.

He looks like he has bottle jaw!

IMG_5024.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sentry is better this morning. He allowed me to gently touch his muzzle where he got bit. There is a small blood spot in the middle of the left side of his muzzle. I let him out in the front yard, he got a drink of water and peed. Then he was at the door to come back in.

He has also licked the inside of his left paw. It’s not swollen but I wonder if he got bit twice. He still has a bodacious case of bottle jaw, but at least it doesn’t seem to hurt. He is back in his dog crate, sleeping while I drink my morning coffee.