Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
They told me what they were but that went right over my head. It wasn't that hard to find though. I think the main reason they like these is that it makes the scans a lot more readable.

1. Dobutamine: Unlike the vasodilators, dobutamine is an inotropic agent. It works by increasing heart rate (HR) and stroke volume (SV)2.
These agents help assess the functional or physiological consequences of anatomic coronary artery disease (CAD) during stress testing. Keep in mind that the choice of stress testing modality depends on various factors, including the ability to perform adequate exercise, resting ECG, and clinical indications

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can be kind of slow but I finally figured out that aging can be a pain in the butt. I have seen more doctors in the last month than I have seen in the last 30 years. I had to have a flight physical every year when I was working but it never went beyond that. A quick visit to my provider a couple of months ago showed that I have COPD so that started a series of tests for cancer and it seems like every other heart, lung and whatever else system.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That statement about getting old isn't for sissies is just too true...
It almost seems that once you "RETIRE" your body also retires from being healthy... it just STINKS....

Here's hoping they don't find anything else that is too limiting @Mike CHS .... and whatever, keep pushing yourself... I tell myself that every day when something gets to aching too much... find another way to do it to compensate for some of the aches and such..... but with Teresa there, you have got a great support system... and the sheep are the best for keeping you OUT OF TROUBLE, and out there being active...

How's the shoulder situation???? I am going to see an orthopedic doctor that has done shoulder replacements and both people have RAVED about how good they did... get an opinion.....tired of it hurting and limiting the movement.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
All those years you pushed beyond the limits, all those years of work, things that were fun at the time, those things have a cumulative impact. You wonder where did THAT come from? So get those issues addressed and get them fixed. It’s preventative maintenance, like your car. You take your car in for oil change, rotate and balance the tires, check all fluids, what’s that squeaky sound? You take better care of your car than you do yourself, so time to check under the hood and catch up on all the maintenance that you’ve been ignoring.

I’m sure Teresa would like to keep you for another 100,000 miles in good running condition and not broke down on the side of the road. LOL

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are working on getting my shoulder taken care of. I have a good surgeon that I am really comfortable with and I like the fact that he is leaving it up to me about the when. There just seemed to be a lot of other things that needed tp be checked off as no complications first. Now that they seem to be cleared, we can go forward.