Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was low humidity and pleasant so I got most of my mowing done and Teresa and Igot about two hours of weed eating done, I'm mowing the minimum since it has been so dry.

We moved the ram labs out of the small holding pen into a much larger paddock and they are having a ball. There are 8 rams in this area and they are so laid back that I'm not sure what I did differently.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a feeling, that when you take in sheep and lambs, that the owners make some phone calls and tell some sheep breeders that you brought in such and such... and they get more people in to look/buy because of your sheep being such good ones... in good shape....
They do it with the cattle here, if certain sellers come in with animals, or call and say they are bringing in some; the stockyard owners/managers will contact buyers and say there is so and so animals, came in from xyz seller... buyers know that they will get some good ones, and your reputation gets known for the quality.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We spent half the day at the ortho doctor doing the prep to start the process for getting my shoulder replaced. I'm scheduled for the 20th of next month. He gave me the option of getting the rotator cuff or the full shoulder but when he told me recovery time was six months for the rotator cuff versus two-three weeks for the replacement, it was an easy choice. There was a whole lot of other reasons but recovery time was the biggest.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
No brainer.....the two friends here said their shoulder replacement was the easiest they did... the one guy is the one we custom make all his hay and work his calves and such... and have his cow and 3 weaned calves at the barn to take to the sale... he had his done over 10 years ago... has since had a hip, a knee and just recently his ankle.... said the shoulder was a breeze... and my farmer's wife had both done 6 months apart, and said it was the best thing she ever did... can grasp her hands behind her back and arms up over her head, and all with no pain... said it might not be perfect but it is as close as she can get and no pain...