Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a new schedule worked out for my shoulder surgery. Most of the pre-op stuff doesn't need to be done again other than the anti-bacterial stuff and the surgery will be done on the 3rd.

I have been doing my interior fence mowing and spraying so Teresa doesn't have a problem with that. I am just about caught up but definitely will be by the end of day tomorrow.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We finally got some rain today that totaled right at 3/4". I would have liked more but I'm happy with what we got. There have been a bunch of days in the last two months where we watched weather cells get within a mile or two from us then break up without giving us anything.

We are going to bring half of the ewes in to take another look at what their future will hold for them. This will be our last chance until my shoulder recovers some.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been watching Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Prime and it is funny. I'm not a big fan of British humor so it often lacks in what I consider real funny but it is entertaining. A lot of what the star is going through are things that a lot of us relatively new farmers have also gone through. He has spent the first couple of years learning what he doesn't know which I can also relate to.