The journey into the abyss of no return

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hubs is finally getting his hearing tested on Tuesday. Been a long time coming...
Excellent. Once he gets them he will be amazed at what he has missed. Wind, rustling of leaves in the trees, birds. Catching speech isn't perfect with them, but certainly a lot better. A lot less trying to read lips, keying on other people's reactions, etc. Not hearing everything is very isolating. I've also heard /read that it can contribute to Alzheimers or similar.
Costco has them too. Get some that pair to his phone - maybe they all do that now.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have to wear them constantly to get the full effect of hearing aids, not one day here other day there or storing them in the medicine cabinet till as needed.
Your brain has to rewire itself to them too, took me about 3 months for my PTSD to calm down getting used to new noises. Still throws me off time to time, but it works. Getting them in one ear sucks, feel like a chicken trying to fly with one wing except you hear things with one ear and you think it’s coming from one direction to only be the other. Lastly keep an eye out on the wax filters, I like to rub the mic on mine to test them for being clear, sounds like scratching a record. If it’s close to that time of them month for the wife I don’t change my filters and turn them down, life is peaceful :lol:
First I was going to thumbs up, but THEN you went all “peaceful” 🤣🤣
Definitely wear them all the time - except not when sleeping. Make for a good snore filter w/o them 🤣.
It’ll for sure take time to get used to all the noises he has been missing - oh and shopping noises at Costco can be killer. But use them and get used to them is the mantra.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My big brother was a Viet Nam veteran and a Marine until the day he died. Men from the Marine Corp League even sat with him in the hospital where he lay dying and then put on the memorial service for him and told his wife all she had to do was show up. 4 years in the service, but a lifetime Marine.

He was practically deaf from all the gunfire. Hearing aids helped, but he still missed a lot. He died a slow terrible death. Was it from Agent Orange? The water at Camp LeJune? Some other nefarious experiment that our government kept a secret? It was a degenerate disease, never diagnosed by the VA until he was so bad off, one night the ambulance took him to the nearest hospital, a civilian hospital, where he was diagnosed with Shy-Dragens Disease. Life expectancy was 7 years and he was there. All muscular control left him until he could only wiggle an eyebrow in response.

Our veterans deserve much better than that.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why can't the crazy just stay on her own piece of "nowhere" land and live without the nonsense??? Does she think it's her private property as far as the eye can see? Ya know, I'm thinking " crazed mountain man" personality there...touched in the head. Shame you can't find a grizzly bear to hug on her. 🤣