The journey into the abyss of no return

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do not space further apart or lambs/kids will get their heads through and get stuck. That size, they can pull the hay through and not as much will get wasted. Further apart, more will get pulled through, more wasted, possible heads stuck... problems. How far apart are they? 4x4 inch woven wire fencing is goat and sheep wire... little lambs and probably kids can get their heads through for maybe a very short time... Normal "field fencing " (woven wire) for cattle is 6 inch up right stays ( some are even spaced 12"), and sheep and goats can get their heads through and get stuck all the time, especially if they have horns...
We have something similar, for the cattle, and the cradle part is made out of pipe like the frame on that... they are more than 6-8 inches apart I know... I will have to look. We use a couple in the sheep and they pull alot down and out.... waste on the ground...
Cattle/livestock panels are 16 ft long and I am not sure what the size of the "holes" are... they are closer together horizontally from bottom to top... I'm not sure of the vertical upright stays.... but sheep can get their heads through them when younger... a couple on here that have used them to "surround a round bale" will cut a bigger "hole" for them to put their heads through to eat so they don't get stuck...

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
So much anger and rage that consistently flows here and comes out through things flying or doors slammed it gets old being this way. Usually I got a handle on it, but with constantly being poked by neighbors something needs to give. Laughs that I have are shallow or non existent anymore.
Don't even have to engage with any of them down below, but the drive in and out of here, the constant looking in the skies for a drone, any noise may hint of them driving back here, or simple thing as birds going off cause the drone is near or not has woken something deep down I spent decades burying.
I know it's eating at the wife as she understood at first, but I know she is getting tired of it as we currently have silence while drinking coffee this morning which is usually filled with conversation about whatever.
Doesn't help I have spent most of what summer we have here fixing instead of making money for the ranch, one thing after another either broken or sabotaged.
Yeah we need a break, but winter is upon us and any break means winter will be miserable. Never had it this way till the crazy lady got a bf that now enables her to be all she is now and has enable the others neighbors conduct.
Something is going to give.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some years back, I lost my sister. The circumstances and the people involved in her death lead to intense rage on my part. I woke up angry, I went to bed angry. It literally consumed me. Then, a very wise person said to me:

He who angers you, controls you.

The first time I heard those words it stopped me in my tracks. Think about it. It doesn't mean you stop doing what needs to be done, but you do it with a clear head and for the right reasons.

I wish you peace.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been down that fing rabbit hole way too many times. I still trip and fall into it. Not pretty. Mad, madder and madder. Grrrrrrr.
I try to back away, and usually can because most of it is the outside world that sets things in motion. I can turn my head away.
What @frustratedearthmother said is true. SO TRUE. Hard to achieve but worth the effort because they are stealing your time, life, sanity etc and that means they WIN. Easier to pass the. Off with a smile or whatever and we win.
With the folks you have it’s hard to ignore esp with the drone. Shoot it down? Spray it with water (that’d do some fun damage w/o wasting supplies) kid’s water canon?
As @frustratedearthmother said,
I wish you peace.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have a vastly different level of anger than any of us can even imagine. Your neighbors are bringing it up to the surface, and you recognize that is bad.

First, apologize to your wife. Dont let these losers come between you and your wife. She is your friend, your partner, and your love. You have to get a grip on this because of her. This is consuming you and it’s spilling over onto her. I know you don’t want that, and it’s not fair to her.

What @frustratedearthmother said is so true. You have to make peace within. These people will keep goading you until you blow, then it will all be your fault. Please don’t let them win.

A friend and I were discussing some people that done him real dirty. His answer? I don’t let them rent space in my head. So he could deal with them, then block them out of his mind and not let his anger take over the other parts of his life.

When can you go to court and try to get this resolved?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been down that fing rabbit hole way too many times. I still trip and fall into it. Not pretty. Mad, madder and madder. Grrrrrrr.
I try to back away, and usually can because most of it is the outside world that sets things in motion. I can turn my head away.
What @frustratedearthmother said is true. SO TRUE. Hard to achieve but worth the effort because they are stealing your time, life, sanity etc and that means they WIN. Easier to pass the. Off with a smile or whatever and we win.
With the folks you have it’s hard to ignore esp with the drone. Shoot it down? Spray it with water (that’d do some fun damage w/o wasting supplies) kid’s water canon?
As @frustratedearthmother said,
I wish you peace.
We are off grid, no readily available high pressure water here that quick and time we see it it’s making a run for it. It’s as if they park it in the tree line and wait, illegal to shoot it down too with no law against them.
You have a vastly different level of anger than any of us can even imagine. Your neighbors are bringing it up to the surface, and you recognize that is bad.

First, apologize to your wife. Dont let these losers come between you and your wife. She is your friend, your partner, and your love. You have to get a grip on this because of her. This is consuming you and it’s spilling over onto her. I know you don’t want that, and it’s not fair to her.

What @frustratedearthmother said is so true. You have to make peace within. These people will keep goading you until you blow, then it will all be your fault. Please don’t let them win.

A friend and I were discussing some people that done him real dirty. His answer? I don’t let them rent space in my head. So he could deal with them, then block them out of his mind and not let his anger take over the other parts of his life.

When can you go to court and try to get this resolved?
Wife is angry too is what adds to the problem and looking to me for answers. Only answer I can come up with to deal with it is illegal and am willing to take the risk. Only part of the problem will be resolved in court or can be resolved.
I’ve been on both sides of the legal fence and willing to jump it again if need be, all I ask for is have bail money ready. No I’m not risking it all with doing something too extreme, just know that drone won’t take off again.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are off grid, no readily available high pressure water here that quick and time we see it it’s making a run for it. It’s as if they park it in the tree line and wait, illegal to shoot it down too with no law against them.

Wife is angry too is what adds to the problem and looking to me for answers. Only answer I can come up with to deal with it is illegal and am willing to take the risk. Only part of the problem will be resolved in court or can be resolved.
I’ve been on both sides of the legal fence and willing to jump it again if need be, all I ask for is have bail money ready. No I’m not risking it all with doing something too extreme, just know that drone won’t take off again.
Don't risk it. That's a they win when you take the risk no matter what happens.
Drone wars could be fun though -- get a cheapy and "fly with bumper car style"

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't risk it. That's a they win when you take the risk no matter what happens.
Drone wars could be fun though -- get a cheapy and "fly with bumper car style"
That's illegal too, right up there with playing bumper cars with someones actual vehicle on the road. Here is something that isn't illegal.
Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 14-11-13 How do I report a drone sighting Federal Aviation Administra...png

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 14-09-31 Helena FSDO Federal Aviation Administration.png