The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is what the firebreak looks like now. That hill I carved out is about 24’ tall, did it and 900’ in 4 hours.
IMG_0880.jpeg
IMG_0878.jpeg
IMG_0879.jpeg
IMG_0877.jpeg

Here is the ravine, less than a hour I can have all this cleaned out. I do it every summer.

IMG_0881.jpeg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Round two anyone? Good thing this broke on our property, there would have been no locking the inter-lock axle and limping home. Thought it was and hoping it was rear as it’s the easiest and lightest. Nope I get all the fun.
IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0888.jpeg
IMG_0890.jpeg

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have had a summer of breakdowns. That has to be so frustrating. Sure, you know how and you have the tools to fix things, but come on! Enough already! I admire your skills, but even me sitting on the sidelines, I’d like to see you get through at least a couple of months without a major overhaul!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have had a summer of breakdowns. That has to be so frustrating. Sure, you know how and you have the tools to fix things, but come on! Enough already! I admire your skills, but even me sitting on the sidelines, I’d like to see you get through at least a couple of months without a major overhaul!
Shows how much grit one has to keep going to not have a mental breakdown needing a major overhaul themselves. Add in the factor of the fight with neighbors and the city threatening to cite me for public nuisance with deadlines, no I just redirect the anger constructively.
Speaking of which they got 9 days to respond or I win by default which would take the fun out of the work I put in to take them down. I love a good courtroom take down as I have done two so far and the look of desperation in the end is priceless as they came in confident in the beginning that they already won.

Different note, Cracklin's nuts are sure showing now, tempting to breed a gilt. The temperatures in 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days has me worried it wouldn't be viable to do so with current setup. Hopefully the breakdowns subside and I can get a few bucks to put in a setup to breed them.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ripping differentials out one day, designing the Egyptian pyramids the next. :lol:
After playing with my Moasure program that takes a bit to learn in itself I got it within .7% accuracy despite the terrain and plants/trees in the way.
Also got it to where I can export it to my CAD program to draw on it so once I cut and fill as needed I can start combining the two files as one from the drawing of the house onto the new measurements layout and see with orientation of which way things go.
This is cut and fill as needed so I can figure out how much dirt I get from cutting it at a certain height, then how much I need in fill to fill it in where the cutting spoils left off. I can move the level as needed. There is a feature also that if you just want to bring the ground up 4 inches evenly despite elevation change for example it will give you that amount you need.
Contours based on from my starting point in top left hand corner
IMG_0926.png

All the triangles are the measurement points where I set the unit down to get contours in given area.
IMG_0928.png
IMG_0927.png

Here is what it looks like in my CAD program SketchUp Pro right now.
IMG_0929.png