The journey into the abyss of no return

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Firewood sucks too :lol: best we got is ponderosa pine and cottonwood, don't bother trying to smoke any meat/food. Depends on where you are at in the soil formation on what you get, the closer to the rivers the better and the more expensive the land is. Generally it's clay/sand and not much is grown, needs a lot of work. Growing season is if it didn't go in the ground in May it's not happening in time, last frost May/June, first frost September. I'm in the light tan area and the wife has been working the soil over the years I have been contributing with cow patties and whatever from our ducks, geese, guinea fowl. One thing that grows here that grows in Texas I love, okra. We got onions, potatoes romaine, kale, spinach, zucchini, peas when aphids aren't around and of course okra.
View attachment 111101
I have 4 large okra plants that I am harvesting 2x a day there is enough off the 4 plants for me and the pigs to enjoy. I have not tried it cooked yet, just eat it off the plant for breakfast. it is a great travel food if I am running late for work. You must be very organized to grow so much in 60-90 days.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Me being me with my history of builds it will be a one of a kind, not square, self sufficient and engineering masterpiece as usual. If one were to know about and study "Earthships®" and get rid of the tires they use in them, they could take the concept and go far which is where the utilization of grey water comes from.
View attachment 111103
View attachment 111104
View attachment 111105
I think they do that in Norway and Sweeden. Some pretty amazing houses pretty much built INSIDE a greenhouse.

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Me being me with my history of builds it will be a one of a kind, not square, self sufficient and engineering masterpiece as usual. If one were to know about and study "Earthships®" and get rid of the tires they use in them, they could take the concept and go far which is where the utilization of grey water comes from.
View attachment 111103
View attachment 111104
View attachment 111105
It can be amazing what the human brain is capable of. I am going to look at this. Thank you for sharing I have never heard of this. I do see way to many 15 minute cities building in around me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like studying things that interest me too. But not on your level, I’m a bumbling idiot on a computer next to you. But I can do a search and read.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
First day back, yep this went off the rails before it started, I need to raise my rates. Place was a wreck, spare parts and ordered parts covered my old desk, stuff still in the boxes not put away, and layer of dust. Water bottle left here, one left over here, maybe I should collect them all and have about 5 gallons for my pigs. Wipe hands with paper towel and drop on the floor, oh look empty spot lets put whatever here.
Yep place went to schit.
Cleaned it up and got first rig in done, dragged in the trailer that the two were bantering about on Monday of doing tires and welding the aluminum that cracked. Time I got halfway done with that 3 trailers and a semi rolled in from his dads side of business needing work, side dump trailer, B grain trailer, grain trailer, PTO hydraulics on one of the semi's and they want the side dump trailer refurbished by Monday :gig

I found out the "mechanic" they have is a high school kid, yeah "works" 1600 to 1900 hrs. I walked into a schit show, but I got leverage so I'm going to throttle back me. Funny I was welding and noticed boss man dropping off a second book of work tickets on my desk.
Left for the day 1730 hrs asked the kid what he is going to do next, "I guess I will clean the shop" :hu
What is there left to clean, what is your definition of cleaning, and why wasn't the place cleaned when I got here? I'm sure he is milking the clock.
View attachment 111143View attachment 111144
o_Oo_O:th:th:th:th:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant:somad:somad:somad:hit:hit:hit:hide:hide