The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here is what it looks like and you can see towards the end where I stopped at with rock, the crazy lady place is to the right at the end. The road that is only 18’ wide that I’m supposedly widening as you can see no widening has happened. Be happy I didn’t widen it to the 60 feet allowed. That powder becomes slop when it rains and no traction in snow.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Time to put an end to this dog problem.
IMG_1018.jpeg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was driving home yesterday from work and less than half a mile is a construction company that has gravel and cement, they are the ones who brought the concrete out for the pole barn. With concrete they make assortment of concrete products one being ecology blocks
Looked over yesterday and seen they had used ones laying in a stack which I have never seen before there. Went in yesterday and found out they were for sale for $90 instead of $130 for new ones. Seems they have 70 plus left over and now I will be hauling home over 116k lbs worth of them the next two weeks
The rig can hold 5 maybe 6 at a time I will see when they get done counting of which multiple I will use. These weigh about 3300 lbs a piece 2' x 2' x 6' dimensions and will be used to bury the backside of the pole barn, finish the root cellar before winter and start laying ground work for the house out. They use them for retainer walls and some build shelters on them.

I actually am considering building the house out of new ones of them since we can't get a concrete truck back there, don't want them back there either. Build it then frame it out.
Example of what they look like...
Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 06-24-31 Tacoma WA - Concrete Block Supply.png

bin bunker ecology concrete block building.jpg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great find! And a bargain too. @Margali cant those blocke be coated to waterproof them?
Those concrete cubes are awesome! We use them as retaining walls all over the place.

I'd use them for the foundation then put metal building on top. The ones down here are more porous than regular concrete so may be hard to deal for house.
Yes they can be sealed. Just as basements leak, so as would a concrete home if not sealed. This house will be buried so it will be sealed anyways with a vapor barrier going over before the dirt is back filled.

Latest posts