The journey into the abyss of no return

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I never thought of the vinyl wrap (Gawd I should have as we wrapped DH's MiniCooper - huge job - but fun.
IMG_4619.JPEG

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Court order still hasn't came in, weather is holding out on being too bad for putting rock down and I'm looking at it as time to get cameras up.
So far 9 cameras up which is enough to secure the home and all pieces of equipment here, but I'm not stopping there. Going to catch them flying any drones over, or just standing out of sight, catch any of their dogs coming this way and whatever else I can get. Not stopping with just cameras, going to integrate some IR illumination lights that will light the whole property up at night only visible to a camera at 950nm. For now I can leave with the place secure and hope they try something stupid.
They want my undivided attention that I used to build this place with the energy I put into it, then I shall give it to them with my knowledge as I have plenty to spare. I have a foundation not many know of, long before my military/contractor days (15 years), long before I met my wife (6 years ago), long before this place (7 years ago), long before I started my own business (2 years ago), decades ago I started out at 17 yrs old living on the streets for 3 years from a broken home building to where I am now. If it is here, I put it here with my own two hands from the dirt on up and they think they are going to win, :gig
They are in their late 50's and older and still haven't gotten past living in a travel trailer, maybe when they hit their 80's/100's they will catch up to me, I highly doubt it. Only thing they have going for them is the old saying, don't underestimate stupid people in large groups. Though they might win a battle and celebrate, but they won't win the war.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule IR is short for infrared which is the section of light spectrum just below visible light. A lot of night time security cameras have a small IR light built in. The pictures I've shared of the all gray scale night view of the sheep pen are using IR. You can also buy flood lights that shine in IR spectrum to light everything up.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
What are IR illumination lights?
And certain wavelength spectrum's are below what the human eye can see such as 950 nm nanometers or .95µm though comes with a caveat of less distance it can light up. The smaller the number the more visible it may be, the human eye can see around 380 to 700 nm.
Most cameras will shine in the 850 nm range which is the slight glow you see on them on the lens. With this camera system I can turn the IR off and just use an illumination light to prevent blinding the camera from IR bouncing off highly reflective surface close by.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the intruders can be lit up, you can see it on the cameras but they can’t see the light and don’t know it?

I like it.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the intruders can be lit up, you can see it on the cameras but they can’t see the light and don’t know it?

I like it.
They also don't know how far these cameras can be placed, they might search online max distance and get around 300', but don't realize I also have PoE switch's, routers and PoE++ repeaters that allow me to go around 1.2 kilometers. They think they are smart and parking far away then getting out to walk, they have no clue.
PoE Power over Ethernet good for up to 15.4W which I use Cat6E
PoE+ Power over Ethernet good for up to around 30W
PoE++ Power over Ethernet good for up to around 60W
UPoE Ultra Power over Ethernet good up to around 100W

Latest posts