Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan long story short we are moving to Missouri to help retired missionaries and pastors and be able to go on work teams to other countries to work on churches and other mission projects
I remember you were going to be moving and it having to do with some missionary work, but then nothing seemed to happen, so thought plans had changed....

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
IF the existing plug is too big, go to the farm supply store.... like a Rural King, and tell them you want an adapter/converter plug ..... They come in both a bigger end to be plugged into... and the other end is smaller to plug into the truck.... and VICE VERSA... to accommodate different plugs on different vehicles...
In fact, you might be able to find something like that at a Lowe's...
It's like having a 2" pipe that you need to reduce down to fit a 1 1/2 " pipe...

Not every one carries them but they make it so that if your truck has X size and son's truck has Y size... the trailer can be pulled by either... Most of the newer vehicles have larger receptacles , so that is probably why he put on the bigger plug without even thinking about it.
There is 4 way 6 way and 7 way plugs, 4 way flat plugs are basic lights, 6 way which is pin round type has brakes added and accessory wire to charge the emergency trailer break away battery, and then a 7 way flat blade all the above and one for keeping the battery topped off in the RV or running certain things in the RV for those that don't have a battery but need enough power for lift jacks and slide outs or fridge.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is 4 way 6 way and 7 way plugs, 4 way flat plugs are basic lights, 6 way which is pin round type has brakes added and accessory wire to charge the emergency trailer break away battery, and then a 7 way flat blade all the above and one for keeping the battery topped off in the RV or running certain things in the RV for those that don't have a battery but need enough power for lift jacks and slide outs or fridge.
@Weldman .....Thanks... I knew there were a couple different types, but the ones here are mostly all the 6 way that are on the trailers... I am thinking that is what @Baymule has for the stock trailer. Don't think I have ever seen the 7 way flat ones.. and it has been years since I have seen a 4 way one... I guess because all our trailers are big enough... cattle, flat beds etc., to need the 6 way.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Weldman .....Thanks... I knew there were a couple different types, but the ones here are mostly all the 6 way that are on the trailers... I am thinking that is what @Baymule has for the stock trailer. Don't think I have ever seen the 7 way flat ones.. and it has been years since I have seen a 4 way one... I guess because all our trailers are big enough... cattle, flat beds etc., to need the 6 way.
Utility trailers under 7k lbs use 4 way, stock trailers and utility trailers 7k lbs or more use the 6 way ones and 7 way is only RV's and stock trailers with living quarters in them.
Almost all new trucks come with 7 way flat blade ones. To make it more convoluted we could get into 18 wheeler trailer plugs.:lol:
Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 06-55-38 diagram-wiring-a-7-blade-trailer-harness-or-plug-wiring-728x...png

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is upright. I hope it lives. I’ll coat the skinned places with whatever it is that skinned trees get, water it, baby it and tell it how beautiful it is.
Tree tar for the skinned bark places. Suggest you use some posts to help keep tree upright until it can reattach roots in deeper. Get some B vitamin growth liquid from nursery department that is used for transplanting. It will encourage root growth. :fl

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I put ewes through the chute and sorted out the 3 I am taking to auction. Sorting out the 3 ewe lambs was much easier, I chased them into a corner, picked them up and dropped over the fence. Then herded them into the chute. I opened the gates and called to the remaining 7 ewe lambs and they ran to me, thanks to Patches and Ruby, the bottle lambs. Then I put the 3 ewes and 3 lambs in the pen I had the ewe lambs in. Now that is done and ready to load up for auction.

The 7 ewe lambs are back in the front field with their moms. They ran and played, then got down to the business of grazing. No problem getting them in for the night. It was raining and they all were in their hoop shelter yelling at me for feed. LOL Y’all don’t worry, I will be monitoring this group carefully for parasites.

The ewes that went through the parasite attack are filled out and looking good except for Dessa. She is looking better but not where I want her to be.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raining again. It rained one inch yesterday evening. Yes I got wet. It rained this morning a little over a half inch and it’s raining now. Nary a sheep or dog in sight.

Chase just brought over 2 young ewes, I’ll take them to auction with mine. He’s coming over tomorrow afternoon to help me load them all up and I’ll pull out Thursday morning.

Latest posts