Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took the day off yesterday, exhausted. Back at it today, to get the last 9 posts off the flatbed trailer. Can’t lift these from the side because of the rails. So I got a 20’ strap and pulled them off the back.

IMG_4796.jpeg

They turned sideways, so I eased the forks under one end, lifted and backed up until the other end cleared the trailer. Then I tilted the forks and it rolled to the bucket. Sometimes I had to get off the tractor (after setting the brake and putting it in neutral) and “help” the post get on the forks. LOL

IMG_4797.jpeg

This post snagged the angle iron at the back edge of the trailer and dragged the trailer backwards. The tongue Jack came off the block. I had the wheels chocked, but they skidded backwards too.

IMG_4798.jpeg

Oops. Gonna have to fix that.

IMG_4799.jpeg

The last two.

IMG_4800.jpeg

I put them on the pile, went back and eased the forks under the trailer tongue.

IMG_4801.jpeg

IMG_4802.jpeg

I blocked it up and chocked the wheels.

IMG_4803.jpeg

IMG_4804.jpeg

I parked the tractor and got a quart jar of iced tea. Done for today.

Last edited:

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fantastic job!

I need to get hubby to show me how to drive the tractor again. We are currently renting my brother's tractor for a while since FIL borrowed hubby's tractor to work on their cabin property. Hubby's tractor is an old manual and I don't trust it. Brother's tractor is a nice newer automatic Kubota and I feel more comfortable with it. He finally just paid it off a few months ago.

We are renting it (with real money) because my brother has been letting a "friend" borrow it and the guy is nice, but he doesn't pay my brother anything for the tractor, it's been at his house for MONTHS and the guy has broken some stuff on it that he keeps saying he'll fix/replace. About a month ago, he borrowed my brother's 4x4 UTI and rolled it down a hill. At midnight. While drunk. :barnie:th

He broke some bones and a bunch of the panels on the UTI were trashed as well as a tire or two but surprisingly it didn't get as damaged as it could have been. My brother got poison oak getting the UTI back up the hill. The guy said he'll repair it, but I don't know if that has happened so far. So we are renting the tractor to give my too nice brother a reason to tell the guy no, he can't borrow the tractor, even though the guy has been bugging him. I'm tempted to get a purchase loan application from Kubota and give it to the guy, they have a zero percent interest loan.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm. Too nice brother needs to confront the "friend" with repair bills/estimates!! Demand payment. Then no when asked by to borrow again & why. Yeah, some friend 🤨😖
Not likely to happen unfortunately. I'm trying to stay out of it but it's hard. He's a grown adult, who's making stupid choices. He has always been very stubborn.