Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
After all you have gone through with the co-worker and all... I would take her to work for half the day... can you go home at lunch time? Too far away maybe... Get the pen/yard and everything you can get set up this weekend for her.... See how Mon goes when you get her... go from there...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I brought a bottle kitten to work for a week - set up a play area using storage boxes. Worked great for a week until the boss walked in one day and saw it.
His response.... 'That's not coming back tomorrow - is it.'
View attachment 99710
I'd have said, yes, it is... until it can go 8 hours with not being fed a bottle...

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd have said, yes, it is... until it can go 8 hours with not being fed a bottle...
My Mom baby sat her for the next few months. It was one of the best things I've ever done. Mom LOVED watching her grow and play. She kept a daily diary - in Ratatat's 'voice' for me. I TREASURE that silly little notebook now that they are both gone. 🥰

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are way too nice. Take the dog to work, tell witch and boss that you are working on your fence to make it safe for her.
I'm TRYING to not put the cart before the horse.
I'm making all these plans and worrying about stuff ... haven't even met the dog yet.
She might HATE cats and I have to pass.
She might be a TOTAL couch potato and I can leave her loose in the house with no worries

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would wait to bring her to work until you have gotten her bonded to you. She will have enough to adjust to her new home after the shelter. Coming to your place of business will be stressful and you don't want her to be anxious while she is adjusting to you. Leaving her in her crate in the quiet house will be preferable for a couple days. And allow the cats to get used to her too. She will be invading their territory and they will not be pleased. Once she has made the transference to you, you can consider bringing her to work. You don't want too many new experiences at first until you have a chance to learn her temperament and any issues.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would wait to bring her to work until you have gotten her bonded to you. She will have enough to adjust to her new home after the shelter. Coming to your place of business will be stressful and you don't want her to be anxious while she is adjusting to you. Leaving her in her crate in the quiet house will be preferable for a couple days. And allow the cats to get used to her too. She will be invading their territory and they will not be pleased. Once she has made the transference to you, you can consider bringing her to work. You don't want too many new experiences at first until you have a chance to learn her temperament and any issues.
Always the voice of reason & excellent advice. Thanks
I have a large crate.... still trying to figure out a good place for it.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have GOT to develop a thicker skin! :mad: When I say yall are my only cheerleaders I'm not kidding.
Dad was walking the driveway when I came home so I stopped to say hi. We chatted a bit & then I said "Guess what I'm doing tomorrow... I'm so excited.."
<...sigh>
"Oh no. Do you think that's a good idea?"
"Just think about this. Don't you think you've got enough on your plate?"
...disapproving scowl, eye roll & sigh

But ya know what? "I'm not going to accept shade from trees that aren't producing fruit in my garden" 😊

Latest posts